Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90
  1. #1 Will the Tea Party support the Cali Marijuana Legalization measure this Nov? 
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Individual liberties and Big Government, an issue about what you do with your body in your home. This sounds exactly like a Tea Party issue.

    Also how about legalizing prostitution?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

    Also how about legalizing prostitution?
    Go to Vegas, it's legal there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Yes and the results have been amazing. Decreases in STD's, less violence, tax revenues, and more.

    The thread wasn't "where can I find a prostitute?", it's "will the Tea Party support these measures?"

    I'm asking because if the Tea Party is about individual liberties and smaller government, these are the perfect issues for them to support.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,438
    Hey wee wee, since you seem to try and demonize the Tea party movement, tell me how many of these core party principals do you have a problem with.

    * Balance the federal budget
    * Lower taxes across the board
    * Increase state sovereignty in political, economic, and social issues
    * Institute constitutional term limits in Congress
    * Decrease federal spending
    * Borrow less money from foreign powers such as China, Russia, Japan, Saudi Arabia, etc.
    * Make Congress cite chapter & verse in the Constitution when passing bills
    * End all federal bailouts
    * Increase ballot access for Independent & Third Party candidates
    * Increase the value of our Dollar
    * Throw out every single candidate, regardless of party affiliation, who voted for any of the federal bailouts
    * Increase transparency & accountability at the Federal Reserve
    * Reform the entire tax code
    * Elect Washington outsiders in upcoming elections
    * Start paying down the national debt
    * Throw out big government & big spending incumbents, regardless of party affiliation
    * Make Congress read the bills before they actually vote
    * Build the foundation for a new, third party
    * Start running for political office ourselves
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Yes and the results have been amazing. Decreases in STD's, less violence, tax revenues, and more.

    The thread wasn't "where can I find a prostitute?", it's "will the Tea Party support these measures?"

    I'm asking because if the Tea Party is about individual liberties and smaller government, these are the perfect issues for them to support.
    Of course the tea parties will support it! We conservatives are all about extramarital sex with anything that moves....you friggen moron!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Hey wee wee, since you seem to try and demonize the Tea party movement, tell me how many of these core party principals do you have a problem with.

    * Balance the federal budget
    * Lower taxes across the board
    * Increase state sovereignty in political, economic, and social issues
    * Institute constitutional term limits in Congress
    * Decrease federal spending
    * Borrow less money from foreign powers such as China, Russia, Japan, Saudi Arabia, etc.
    * Make Congress cite chapter & verse in the Constitution when passing bills
    * End all federal bailouts
    * Increase ballot access for Independent & Third Party candidates
    * Increase the value of our Dollar
    * Throw out every single candidate, regardless of party affiliation, who voted for any of the federal bailouts
    * Increase transparency & accountability at the Federal Reserve
    * Reform the entire tax code
    * Elect Washington outsiders in upcoming elections
    * Start paying down the national debt
    * Throw out big government & big spending incumbents, regardless of party affiliation
    * Make Congress read the bills before they actually vote
    * Build the foundation for a new, third party
    * Start running for political office ourselves
    How many Republicans currently in office have voting records that support these?

    I'm not saying that their "principles" are bad. I'm saying they are only talking about principles, evoking folksy working-class values that are easy for us to identify with to further one real goal: deregulation and lower taxation of the wealthiest individuals.

    It's one thing to say things, but look at their solutions:

    Vote Republican - come on, the republicans in congress during the last decade have been the most antithetical to the Tea Party values. Enormous spending, extreme increase in government, unbelievable debt, all of it.

    However, all of the Republicans who were in office during that time are getting a free pass from the Tea Party folk.

    I respect people who are bringing in new faces into the party, while I disagree with the Tea Party, I admire fighting for what you believe in, but I can promise you that there isn't going to be a big move this year against incumbent Republicans.

    Why? Because they talk about values and principles, but they are just a Republican Support Group.

    I'm perfectly fine with their values, but isn't it strange that every single solution they come up with is the exact same as the Bush-era Republicans?

    Why aren't they talking about the Marijuana issue? Why aren't they talking about Prostitution? Why aren't they publicly outing all of the Bush-era Republicans currently in congress?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Of course the tea parties will support it! We conservatives are all about extramarital sex with anything that moves....you friggen moron!
    I thought Conservatives were about individual liberties protected against an unnecessarily Big Government.

    You're telling me that a libertarian organization thinks that the Feds should say you're not allowed to smoke a joint after work in y our living room? You're telling me that a libertarian organization thinks Big Government should be able to tell you what sexual activities you can partake in with a consenting adult?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    How many Republicans currently in office have voting records that support these?

    I'm not saying that their "principles" are bad. I'm saying they are only talking about principles, evoking folksy working-class values that are easy for us to identify with to further one real goal: deregulation and lower taxation of the wealthiest individuals.

    It's one thing to say things, but look at their solutions:

    Vote Republican - come on, the republicans in congress during the last decade have been the most antithetical to the Tea Party values. Enormous spending, extreme increase in government, unbelievable debt, all of it.

    However, all of the Republicans who were in office during that time are getting a free pass from the Tea Party folk.

    I respect people who are bringing in new faces into the party, while I disagree with the Tea Party, I admire fighting for what you believe in, but I can promise you that there isn't going to be a big move this year against incumbent Republicans.

    Why? Because they talk about values and principles, but they are just a Republican Support Group.

    I'm perfectly fine with their values, but isn't it strange that every single solution they come up with is the exact same as the Bush-era Republicans?

    Why aren't they talking about the Marijuana issue? Why aren't they talking about Prostitution? Why aren't they publicly outing all of the Bush-era Republicans currently in congress?
    Answer his question!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I thought Conservatives were about individual liberties protected against an unnecessarily Big Government.

    You're telling me that a libertarian organization thinks that the Feds should say you're not allowed to smoke a joint after work in y our living room? You're telling me that a libertarian organization thinks Big Government should be able to tell you what sexual activities you can partake in with a consenting adult?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Answer his question!
    I did. "I'm perfectly fine with their values, but isn't it strange that every single solution they come up with is the exact same as the Bush-era Republicans?"

    Like I said, my problem isn't with the professed principles of the Tea Party members, it's about the inconsistency between those principles and the issues/candidates they choose to (or not to) support.

    If you look at those values alongside the people they are supporting, the issues they are trumpeting, the issues they are ignoring, and the solutions they are offering, it doesn't match up.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •