Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Operating system not found! 
    Son of a bitch! I went to get on my other computer after company left a few minutes ago and got a damn DOS screen that says operating system not found! I am not computer literate, I like to hit the button and do my thing.

Is this bad!?!

How bad?

I'm on the wifes computer right now.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Son of a bitch! I went to get on my other computer after company left a few minutes ago and got a damn DOS screen that says operating system not found! I am not computer literate, I like to hit the button and do my thing.

Is this bad!?!

How bad?

I'm on the wifes computer right now.
    Your hard drive probably died. Buy another hard drive and reload windows . no big deal. Hardrives are cheap and easy to put in.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 03-28-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Your hard drive probably died. By another hard drive and reload windows . no big deal. Hardrives are cheap and easy to put in.
    There was no warning! Where do you put in a new hard drive? What is a new hard drive? It sounds complicated, should I just get a new laptop?

Will I lose everything? All my docs and pics?

There was no warning! Where do you put in a new hard drive? What is a new hard drive? It sounds complicated, should I just get a new laptop?

Will I lose everything? All my docs and pics?
    It is normally just a matter of taking out 2 to four screws on the bottom of your laptop and the drive will come out. Use your wifes laptop to go to the manufacturers website of your laptop and download the PDF manual for you model it will give you all the instructions. You can buy a hardrive from new egg.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148446
    order a external laptop hardrive enclosure to put your old drive in, you may be able to pull your files off from it after you replace it with a new drive in your laptop.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817816001

It is easy. I have done it many times and I'm just a barnyard animal!

It is normally just a matter of taking out 2 to four screws on the bottom of your laptop and the drive will come out. Use your wifes laptop to go to the manufacturers website of your laptop and download the PDF manual for you model it will give you all the instructions. You can buy a hardrive from new egg.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148446
    order a external laptop hardrive enclosure to put your old drive in, you may be able to pull your files off from it after you replace it with a new drive in your laptop.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817816001

It is easy. I have done it many times and I'm just a barnyard animal!
    And I'm just a bald redneck! I'm going to shoot it tomorrow! Damn laptops are only about 400 right now, how much is a hard drive and what makes you think I could install it!?!

And I'm just a bald redneck! I'm going to shoot it tomorrow! Damn laptops are only about 400 right now, how much is a hard drive and what makes you think I could install it!?!
    The hard drive i linked you to was 54 bucks. Don't throw it out what ever you do. Seriously they are easy to install and reload windows.

The hard drive i linked you to was 54 bucks. Don't throw it out what ever you do. Seriously they are easy to install and reload windows.
    All right, I won't kill it....yet! I'll call my son tomorrow and see if he knows what you are talking about!
    This sucks. I'm spoiled! I want to hit the button and have it work like every other time!

:D

All right, I won't kill it....yet! I'll call my son tomorrow and see if he knows what you are talking about!
    This sucks. I'm spoiled! I want to hit the button and have it work like every other time!

:D
    You really need to have a spare laptop. i clone all my laptop drives when i install them. I buy two drives and when i have everything loaded on the laptop i clone it to another drive. I update my copy every month. That way if the drive fails, I can snap in the clone in ten minutes and be up and running with virtually no difference to the computer I'm running.

Do you have the DOS prompt? What operating system was it? Throw me a bone here.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

You really need to have a spare laptop. i clone all my laptop drives when i install them. I buy two drives and when i have everything loaded on the laptop i clone it to another drive. I update my copy every month. That way if the drive fails, I can snap in the clone in ten minutes and be up and running with virtually no difference to the computer I'm running.
    Rock! you are miles ahead of me! I said I was computer illiterate and I meant it! I'll let my son make sense of it tomorrow, he has a screwdriver! :D

Arty Ape, its a Gateway with Windows Vista, wasn't a great investment, but I thought it would last forever!