Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,141
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Rock! you are miles ahead of me! I said I was computer illiterate and I meant it! I'll let my son make sense of it tomorrow, he has a screwdriver! :D


    Arty Ape, its a Gateway with Windows Vista, wasn't a great investment, but I thought it would last forever!
    I have had more than one gateway,they are okay but next time buy a Dell business laptop. For price I prefer the vostro series. You can't go wrong with a lenova business laptop either. If you have limitless money like those Englishmen you could buy one of those laptops named after fruit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Rock! you are miles ahead of me! I said I was computer illiterate and I meant it! I'll let my son make sense of it tomorrow, he has a screwdriver! :D


    Arty Ape, its a Gateway with Windows Vista, wasn't a great investment, but I thought it would last forever!
    Never trust anything in a holstein-colored package unless it is full of milk or meat. 'Nuff said.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Never trust anything in a holstein-colored package unless it is full of milk or meat. 'Nuff said.
    Go over to ebay sometime and look at their listings of dead laptops for parts or repair. You learn a lot.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Go over to ebay sometime and look at their listings of dead laptops for parts or repair. You learn a lot.
    Last time a laptop died on me, I had a freind look at it for a week and he handed me this!


    If this is a hard drive, I dont know what to do with it! But I had alot of stuff on it!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,141
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Last time a laptop died on me, I had a freind look at it for a week and he handed me this!


    If this is a hard drive, I dont know what to do with it! But I had alot of stuff on it!
    a lot of times I'm able to put them in an external usb enclosure and run them long enough to get the files off them. If they won't start slap them in the palm of your hand and try again.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Last time a laptop died on me, I had a freind look at it for a week and he handed me this!


    If this is a hard drive, I dont know what to do with it! But I had alot of stuff on it!
    Jesus saves.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    external usb enclosure
    I love it when you talk chinese to me! :D

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Patriot wept.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,141
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I love it when you talk chinese to me! :D
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817816001
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You just aint following! Buy computer. Take out of box. turn on and use! When that fails, I'm lost! My son is pretty up on this stuff, Ill see what he has to say! Probably, Dad..... shoot it! :D

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •