1. #1 Twin Bombs Kill Dozens on Moscow Subway 
    Twin Bombs Kill Dozens on Moscow Subway
    Rush Hour Blasts on Moscow Subway Kill at Least 38; Female Suicide Bombers Blamed

By ALEXANDER MARQUARDT and AMMU KANNAMPILLY
    MOSCOW, March 29, 2010

Twin bomb blasts allegedly detonated by female bombers ripped through Moscow's subway system at the height of rush hour this morning, killing at least 38 people, according to Russian emergency officials.

Dozens of commuters are killed in twin attacks on packed subway system.

Moscow Mayor Yuri Luzhkov told reporters that "two female suicide bombers were involved" in the attacks, which struck central Metro stations Lubyanka and Park Kultury at 7:56 a.m. and 8:39 a.m. local time.

"According to preliminary information [...] about 40 people have been injured" in the blasts, Luzhkov said.

Witnesses told Reuters news agency that people struggled to escape from the two stations, as thick smoke flooded the underground.

"I was in the middle of the train when somewhere in the first or second carriage there was a loud blast. I felt the vibrations reverberate through my body," an unidentified man at Park Kultury told the RIA news agency.

"People were yelling like hell," he said. "There was a lot of smoke and in about two minutes everything was covered in smoke."

According to the BBC, emergency crews were fighting traffic to get to the injured. News channel Russia Today reported that some of the wounded were being evacuated by helicopters because of the blocked roads.

According to Reuters, surveillance television footage posted online from the Lubyanka station lobby showed several bodies lying on the floor or collapsed against the wall as emergency workers tried to treat the injured.

"I was moving up on the escalator when I heard a loud bang, a blast. A door near the passage way arched, was ripped out and a cloud of dust came down on the escalator," a man named Alexei told the state-run Rossiya 24 television channel.

"People started running, panicking, falling on each other," he said.

ABC
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 03-29-2010 at 11:24 AM.

What is missing from the story?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What is missing from the story?
    The usual "religion of peace" comment?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    It is a crazy f. ..up world we live in today.

Those damned Baptists....
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The usual "religion of peace" comment?

Are the Chechynan rebels rebelling because they are muslims, or because they think that Russia is illegally occupying their country? I'm not justifying their actions or anything, but the media might not label them as muslims because that is not the group's primary motivation for committing terrorist acts.

The Chechynans have some interesting american supporters on the right, incidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Are the Chechynan rebels rebelling because they are muslims, or because they think that Russia is illegally occupying their country? I'm not justifying their actions or anything, but the media might not label them as muslims because that is not the group's primary motivation for committing terrorist acts.

The Chechynans have some interesting american supporters on the right, incidentally.
    They're "rebelling" now?

They are muslim extremists. Only muslim extremists would do this. Their religion is the prime motivator.

Their leader is a convert to Islam.

They are the same "rebels" that took Beslan School 1 and killed nearly 400 children and their parents. Now they've killed 39 more innocent people on the Moscow subway. This is what they do.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.