Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I may be many things, but a liar isnt one of them....unlike some I could mention. Wonder what his position on "thou shalt not bear false witness" is?
    Show me a lie?
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Sonnabend
    Show me a lie?
    I promised SR and I am not breaking my word. Nice try.

We can continue this by PM, if I had any assurance you would actually listen. My last word on the topic as I dont want SR dragged into this.

I'm done in this thread.

Banned
    I am well aware of the definition of what a theory is. As a matter of fact, FlaGator, my dictionary has SIX separate and distinct definitions for the word.

Allow me to elucidate

• A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
    • The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.
    • A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.
    • Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.
    • A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.
    • An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

That definition, the last one, contradicts wilbur directly, in that germs, bacteria, virii, spirochetes, filoviruses (you know what these are?The ones that cause Ebola?) are not "conjecture" they are SCIENTIFIC AND MEDICAL FACT.
    Sonna, we are all obviously well aware how the term theory is often used in the common parlance, to refer to some highly speculative conjecture or contrived idea. Seriously, we get it.

But that one definition (you selectively plucked out of six or seven) has no bearing what-so-ever on the meaning of theory, when referring to a scientific theory - at all. Homonyms.... look them up. And pay special attention to the first definition on your list:

[*] A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
    Last edited by wilbur; 04-02-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    wilbur

wilbur

wilbur

Which one of us is

Hm? Or didnt you see that?
    Aww you poor guy - how horrible for you to suffer such vicious attacks...

* Meanwhile, in general discussions, you hyper link swastikas under my quotes, insinuating I am a Nazi.
    Last edited by wilbur; 04-02-2010 at 01:03 AM.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Homonyms.... look them up.

Hominy nums?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post

Hominy nums?
    That's funny, I don't care who you are.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Sonnabend
    * Meanwhile, in general discussions, you hyper link swastikas under my quotes, insinuating I am a Nazi.
    No.