1. #1 Today is a good day to metaphorically spit on Reagan's grave - give 'em your eulogy h 
    Hatemongers.

Rabrrrrrr (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-03-08 09:53 AM
    Original message
    Today is a good day to metaphorically spit on Reagan's grave - give 'em your eulogy here.
    I don't know why, but I'm feeling particularly anti-Reagan today. Probably because I read a great article in Christian CEntury yesterday about how the presidential libraries, esp. with Reagan and then very much with the current Bush who enacted legislation almost immediately upon taking office that gave ex-presidents and their ancestors the ability to decide what papers get made public and whatnot, and how the libraries are more propaganda machines than they are historical research facilities.

Fucking evil clown.

Whether America survives another 1000 years or disappears, in the year 3008, historians will still be looking at the Reagan presidency as point that either destroyed the country, or that we somehow miraculously managed to survive through, because they were the 8 years that allowed Bush II to come into power later. They will not say they were good years.

Reagan, you were an evil fuck, and should never have been president because you did more damage to this country than anyone or any country or any set of terrorists have ever done to this nation. Except Bush II, of course.
    PeterU (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-03-08 09:58 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. I just can't stand when his supporters claimed he "won" the Cold War.
    The man was lucky enough to be president when the Soviet Union began falling to pieces after the hard working efforts of ordinary Eastern Europeans like Lech Walesa.
    So he gave a nice speech about tearing down the Berlin Wall? That's hardly winning the Cold War.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, keep telling yourself that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - they are just plain sore losers.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=105x7791994
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

"So he gave a nice speech about tearing down the Berlin Wall? That's hardly winning the Cold War."

Iím not sure I understand this. What else could the destruction of the Wall be defined as? Using that analogy - the two atomic weapons the US dropped on the Japanese was just a light show? WTF?

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    "So he gave a nice speech about tearing down the Berlin Wall? That's hardly winning the Cold War."

Iím not sure I understand this. What else could the destruction of the Wall be defined as? Using that analogy - the two atomic weapons the US dropped on the Japanese was just a light show? WTF?

If you keep visiting that loonie bin that is DU some of the insanity will rub off on you !The live in an alternative universe over there,reality has passed them bye,the past was never to their liking so they relive it over and over changing it as they drift on bye .Their lives are akin to some Star Trek episode !.

Actually, Reagan was probably the person best prepared to serve as a United States president. You read and review his body of work whether as president of the SAG, spokesman for GE, or as governor of California, the man was consistent as to how his vision and his beliefs of how people are superior to the rule of limited government. He came into office after just one administration of the totally incompetent Carter. He, along with a Democratic Congress, changed the direction from the "misery index" - double digit inflation, double digit unemployment, and double digit interest rates. He along with Margaret Thatcher and Pope John Paul II set a line in the sand against world communism. He confronted the Soviets in Afghanistan, in Angola, in Latin America across the entire spectrum (militarily, economically, and politically). He was and is one of the finest example of being a Statesman for America, not a politician.

He sought to bring out the best in everyone, not just Americans. That is why he is beloved...... and missed.

Rest in peace, President Reagan, we miss you!

Reagan loved America and believed in it's citizens. No wonder the DUmmies hate him.

At least they didn't ask the question as to why Hinkley couldn't finish the job.
    BOWZER LIVES!!!

Of course the DUmmies hate Reagan. He was a conservative white Christian, he hated Communism, and he was a good man who earnestly sought what was best for America and the world. I'll bet he and my grandpa are shooting the breeze and talking politics in Heaven right now.