Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Terrifying Sea Critter Hauled from Ocean's Depths 
    Something for Ginger. Ain't he cute! :):D:eek:

View Slideshow
    Imgur

A submarine exploring the ocean's depths recently returned with an unexpected visitor: a crablike critter that has left many readers startled and horrified.
    In a posting to social bookmarking site Reddit, a deep-sea technician detailed the finding, asking the site's readers to help identify what exactly the bizarre looking creature was.
    The post reads, "I work for a Sub-sea Survey Company, recently this beast came up attached to one of our ROVs. It measures a wee bit over 2.5 feet head to tail, and we expect it latched onto the ROV at roughly 8,500 feet depth. Unfortunately, the e-mail that these pictures were attached to came from a contractor, and the ship he was operating from (and therefore location) is unknown, so I can't tell you what part of the Earth this beast was living."
    The pictures reveal the creature to be a giant isopod, a large crustacean that dwells in deep Atlantic and Pacific waters. This particular creature is a Bathynomus giganteus, a deep-sea scavenger that feeds on dead whales, fish and squid.
    The whole story is here
    For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
    To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?”

2 Corinthians 2:15-16

I have no idea what that creature is but I instinctively know that it would taste delicious with drawn butter and hush puppies. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I have no idea what that creature is but I instinctively know that it would taste delicious with drawn butter and hush puppies. :)
    I thought it looked like the one of the cockroaches we have running around here in Florida, just a tad bigger.
    For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
    To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?”

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

It looks enough like a lobster to eat, unless one is keeping kosher. It's a scavenger, so it can't be kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I thought it looked like the one of the cockroaches we have running around here in Florida, just a tad bigger.
    Shannon has the R-problem. I'm just pure carnivore, myself. :p

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Average sized cockroach in Texas. You should see the really big ones!:D

I would NEVER stop screaming like a little girl.

Holy HELL...

how'd ya like to find that in your smimming pool ????
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    I would NEVER stop screaming like a little girl.

Holy HELL...
    Allow me to introduce you to Mr. Palmetto Bug

It can fly and generally aims right at your face.:eek::eek::eek:

Power CUer
    Just wait till they find the little guy's grandpa:

"Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken