Thread: Marital Infidelity

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Marital Infidelity 
    Banned
    What's your opinion on infidelity? Do you think there are any circumstances in which it is excusable, or justified? Are there any reasons which would make infidelity not a heinous act?

Resident Grump
    What's your opinion on infidelity? Do you think there are any circumstances in which it is excusable, or justified? Are there any reasons which would make infidelity not a heinous act?
    ...and your reasons for asking a loaded question like this are...?

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Can you name for me a positive result from adultery in which no one is emotionally harmed? Don't use hypothetical situations, just a positive aspect in the average case of adultery.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Another screwball question by a screwball.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Another screwball question by a screwball.
    He just a kid, very little real life experience yet.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

To serious of a discussion for the lounge

C. S. Lewis

There is no justification for adultery no more than there is a justification for slapping your spouse senseless for no apparent reason.

That's not to say that marriages can't survive infidelity - they are just always radically changed by the act.

Often, you hear a person say that he or she got "swept up" in an adulterous affair or that he or she "didn't expect to fall in love". Both these assertions are probably true from the point of view of adulterous mate but they are also completely preventable.

People who fall asleep at the wheel and kill a family of four never intended to finish their night in the back of a police car and they never would have if they'd pulled into a rest stop and had a nap. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    There is no justification for adultery no more than there is a justification for slapping your spouse senseless for no apparent reason.

That's not to say that marriages can't survive infidelity - they are just always radically changed by the act.

Often, you hear a person say that he or she got "swept up" in an adulterous affair or that he or she "didn't expect to fall in love". Both these assertions are probably true from the point of view of adulterous mate but they are also completely preventable.

People who fall asleep at the wheel and kill a family of four never intended to finish their night in the back of a police car and they never would have if they'd pulled into a rest stop and had a nap. ;)
    Not that I ever would but how could you slap a woman senseless. Wouldn't that be like trying to make water wetter?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Not that I ever would but how could you slap a woman senseless. Wouldn't that be like trying to make water wetter?
    :eek:
    I don't think Mr. Snaps is a woman, Rock. :p

On a more serious note, adultery and affairs are absolutely inexcusable. The end.
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    What's your opinion on infidelity?
    Do you think there are any circumstances in which it is excusable, or justified?
    Are there any reasons which would make infidelity not a heinous act?
    Unforgettable & Unforgivable.
    No.
    No.