Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 How many have died because the left tells them no insurance+no health care? 
    link

I wonder how many people do not go the the ER because the left has been telling them for years that if they have no health insurance they cannot and will not recieve health care?

Bluzmann57 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:19 PM
    Original message
    This crap has got to stop!

A friends brother died last week at the age of 44. He died of pneumonia. I have had that disease and it will lay a person out, but with proper medical care, it usually isn't fatal. But that's the thing, this man had no medical care because HE COULDN'T AFFORD INSURANCE! He had the opportunity to get some, but it was half of his weekly pay check. And this guy decided to pay rent and support his children. Of course now he can't support anyone. So fuck anyone who says we don't need at least a medicare buy in for all people. A guy who has been fairly healthy all his life should not die and leave two children and an ex wife behind simply because he couldn't afford insurance.
    sandnsea Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:26 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. My husband had pneumonia last week too

And got to go to the doctor because we have subsidized insurance. And your friend would have likely had a subsidy too, if we had passed something like this ten years ago.

Waiting for a medicare buy-in, which would have been half your friend's paycheck anyway, only guarantees more people will die waiting.
    Last edited by Carol; 04-01-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Oh god you're serious aren't you.

If you're dying you call 911 or do the best you can to get help. No one sits there having a heart attack and says "let's wait it out, i'm not sure how the money thing works at the ER i dont want to risk being told no".

I can just imagine someone sitting there slowly dying in pain, never having even tried calling 911 because they heard a thing.

Are you suggesting these people didn't go to the ER when their condition became an emergency?

Pneumonia usually develops from milder conditions that most people do not seek treatment for because it is too expensive. Let it run it's course without treatment, by the time you get to an emergency room there's a significant chance of death.

:mad: RARRGGHH THOOOSE LIIBEERALLLLSSS :mad:

My cousin died last week because of "the left" :mad:

The Left says government should provide everything for you so my poor cousin laid down on his face and died of dehydration while waiting for his handout.

Damn it Left. When I see that Left I'm going to kick it's ass!@

Oh god no. Now the Right has killed my uncle. Oh noo. He heard the constant talk from the right about how he should 'pick himself up from his own bootstraps', and well...he tried to do it....he did it but it costed him his life. :(

Pneumonia is a slow progression illness.
    (in most cases)

As for the liberals saying that they're dying because of no healthcare?

Give me a break.
    Everything is always someone else's fault.
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Oh god you're serious aren't you.

If you're dying you call 911 or do the best you can to get help. No one sits there having a heart attack and says "let's wait it out, i'm not sure how the money thing works at the ER i dont want to risk being told no".

I can just imagine someone sitting there slowly dying in pain, never having even tried calling 911 because they heard a thing.

Are you suggesting these people didn't go to the ER when their condition became an emergency?

Pneumonia usually develops from milder conditions that most people do not seek treatment for because it is too expensive. Let it run it's course without treatment, by the time you get to an emergency room there's a significant chance of death.

:mad: RARRGGHH THOOOSE LIIBEERALLLLSSS :mad:
    I can think of two occasions when I should have called 911 based on my symptoms, but didn't because I want to "wait and see" how bad off I was and was afraid that if I wasn't admitted, I would get hit with thousands of dollars in er bills.

Oh god no. Now the Right has killed my uncle. Oh noo. He heard the constant talk from the right about how he should 'pick himself up from his own bootstraps', and well...he tried to do it....he did it but it costed him his life. :(
    Wei Wei that is enough magic mushrooms for one day, time to come down!

I smell a bouncy...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You scared Burt....BASTID :mad:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot