Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 McCain gets loud welcome at Sturgis bike rally 
    McCain gets loud welcome at Sturgis bike rally
    ‘I'll take the roar of 50,000 Harleys any day,’ he says in jab aimed at Obama

Mary Altaffer / AP
    Republican presidential candidate, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., addresses
    a crowd at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, S.D., on Monday.

updated 11:46 p.m. ET, Mon., Aug. 4, 2008
    STURGIS, S.D. - Thousands of motorcyclists greeted Republican presidential candidate John McCain with an approving roar Monday as he sought blue-collar and heartland support by visiting a giant motorcycle rally.

"As you may know, not long ago a couple hundred thousand Berliners made a lot of noise for my opponent. I'll take the roar of 50,000 Harleys any day," McCain said, referring to Democrat Barack Obama's recent visit to the German capital.

Billed as the largest event of its kind in the world, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has become something of an annual bikers' Woodstock during the past 70 years. It features nine nights of entertainment, with bands including Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd and REO Speedwagon.

McCain played to a crowd that paused for a veterans salute. He criticized Obama for supporting a timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq while opposing efforts to reduce record-high energy prices. "My opponent wants to set a date to come home. I want us to come home with victory and honor so we will never go back again," the Arizona senator said.
    “Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

"My opponent wants to set a date to come home. I want us to come home with victory and honor so we will never go back again," the Arizona senator said."

Spoken like a true American.

Banned
    McCain is pulling all the right strings. Obama will counter when he shows up at a fag parade in San Fran or some other queer spot.:eek:

DU tries to put it down:

underpants Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    McCain at Sturgis PICS

This will be the McCain (MSM) counter to the Obama Berlin shot

His big line here was something like "I'll take the roar of 50,000 Harleys over 200,000 Berliners any day"
    book_worm Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    5. Nice way to put down our allies--I think responsible journalists should really take him to task for

that. In effect he is saying the sound of 50,000 harleys is better than 200,000 Germans cheering a potential American president while many of them are holding American flags. I know if Obama had said this he would be raked over the coals by the media.

Better 50,000 that can VOTE for you than 200,000 beer swillers!

"McCain gets big welcome by drunk white trash"

- A more appropriate title. After all, isn't this the same sturgis with the fake orgasm contest, massive disorderly arrests, and 50 yr old topless women?
    **** Obama and **** you too.

I see you're still the same pompous jackass you always were.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I see you're still the same pompous jackass you always were.
    Duh.

But I am dead-on about Sturgis. That festival is downright laughable. What would we say about Barack getting a great reception at Freaknik? I'd say they are pretty close to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Duh.

But I am dead-on about Sturgis. That festival is downright laughable. What would we say about Barack getting a great reception at Freaknik? I'd say they are pretty close to the same thing.
    I had never heard of either one.
    Is this you?

wndycty Donating Member (1000+ posts) list Tue Aug-05-08 05:32 PM
    Original message
    McCain at Sturgess is no different than Obama attending the now defunct FREAKNIK

Black folks and Atlantans know what I'm talking about. Can you imagine if Obama went to Freaknik as a candidate? There would be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I had never heard of either one.
    Is this you?
    Haha no, but that is ironic. Good find.

But seriously, McCain should not have even been there IMO. Those people already support him, and his showing support of the event is unwise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Haha no, but that is ironic. Good find.

But seriously, McCain should not have even been there IMO. Those people already support him, and his showing support of the event is unwise.

Same thing could have been said about Obama in Germany. You look down your nose at hard working, hard playing Americans at Sturgis. I guess in you mind a throng of near naked, butt pirate sausage smokers at a Gay Pride Parade is just good clean family fun.