Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 American Indians Furious Obama Broke Treaty 
    WASHINGTON — President Obama on Wednesday signed legislation that bans the U.S. Postal Service from shipping cigarettes — a measure that's expected to cripple the mail-order tobacco businesses run by members of the Seneca Nation of Indians.

White House press secretary Robert L. Gibbs announced the signing in a brief statement that included no comment on the new law, which the Senecas fought furiously.

In response, Seneca Nation President Barry E. Snyder Sr. accused the president of betraying the very Indian nations he wooed during his 2008 campaign and spoke to last fall.

"The president of the United States invited Native American leaders to Washington, D.C., in November and looked us in the eye as a sign of good faith in his pledge to protect federal treaties," Snyder said. "Now, four months later, he has betrayed that promise."

http://www.thefoxnation.com/seneca-n...a-broke-treaty
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Well, now the Seneca nation can join the rest of us because the president broke our treaty(Constitution) too.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    WASHINGTON — President Obama on Wednesday signed legislation that bans the U.S. Postal Service from shipping cigarettes — a measure that's expected to cripple the mail-order tobacco businesses run by members of the Seneca Nation of Indians.

White House press secretary Robert L. Gibbs announced the signing in a brief statement that included no comment on the new law, which the Senecas fought furiously.

In response, Seneca Nation President Barry E. Snyder Sr. accused the president of betraying the very Indian nations he wooed during his 2008 campaign and spoke to last fall.

"The president of the United States invited Native American leaders to Washington, D.C., in November and looked us in the eye as a sign of good faith in his pledge to protect federal treaties," Snyder said. "Now, four months later, he has betrayed that promise."

http://www.thefoxnation.com/seneca-n...a-broke-treaty
    Apache Nation President Brian O'Leary and Hopi Nation President Casimir Genofski were unavailable for comment.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, now the Seneca nation can join the rest of us because the president broke our treaty(Constitution) too.
    I bitched about the cigarette tax, and then I quit smoking. OK, so I object to how it came about, but can I say that I would have quit had cigarettes not become a major budget item? Probably not.

so is it white man or black man speak with forked tongue ????

what's funny here is Osama smokes. think ill send him a caton or two to hasten the spots on lungs.

lets see his deathcare fix that
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    and from what i've read, he's been smoking pretty hardcore since he got into office too, so i'm sure he'd appericate them

Not so pale face in heap big trouble!

Do citizens of the Indian Nations get to vote in our US elections?

I'm not up on the laws surrounding them. If I recall correctly, their lands (reservations)
    are considered separate from the US. So do they get the right to vote in US elections?

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Do citizens of the Indian Nations get to vote in our US elections?

I'm not up on the laws surrounding them. If I recall correctly, their lands (reservations)
    are considered separate from the US. So do they get the right to vote in US elections?
    Yes sir ma'am!

Well I guess they'd have to or the State of Oklahoma wouldn't have a vote huh. :p

I just never had thought about that before I guess. I'll have to read up on this.