1. #1 RNC's Monday, Bloody Monday 
    Ken McKay, chief of staff to embattled Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, has resigned after a tumultuous week that has seen the party embarrassed by a series of gaffes: A nearly $2,000 expenditure at a Los Angeles lesbian-bondage themed club; Steele's hiring of a financial aide who'd been ordered in 2007 to repay nearly $70,000 to two DC baseball groups he had chaired, and the departure of a well-regarded top-level fundraiser from Texas.

RNC spokesman Doug Heye declined to say if McKay's exit, first reported by Politico, was forced or voluntary. He said replacing McKay with deputy chief of staff Mike Leavitt was "about ensuring that we have the tight financial controls in place and to ensure that every nickel we spend is done with the goal of winning in November."

Steele said in a statement that he chose Leavitt, a political operative who'd worked on camapigns in Maine, Virginia and his own failed US Senate bid in Maryland, because "I want to do everything in my power to ensure that the committee uses all its resources in the best possible fashion.'
    Get the new
    PD toolbar!

Leavitt's elevation brought mixed reaction. "Mike is a very smart political operative and effective manager of people and resources," ex-RNC chair Ed Gillespie said in an e-mail to Hotlineoncall.com. "He knows the chairman well and how best to maximize his strengths. He also has very good relations with the other committees and Republican strategists."

But a Republican close to the RNC has told ABC News that the choice of Leavitt may not quell the turmoil that threatens Republican fundraising as the GOP gears up for mid-term elections. He has been overseeing communications for the past two months, and during that time, four communications staffers have left, fed up with Leavitt's "bluster'' and leadership style, according to the Republican who spoke to ABC on condition that his name not be used.

And fallout continues after Steele told George Stephanopoulos on Good Morning America that his being African-American may have complicated his job. Steele said both he and President Obama have a thinner margin of error because they are black.

Ken Blackwell, who is also African American and lost out to Steele in the 2009 RNC election, called Steele's race remarks "nonsense."

"There is a pattern of missteps, miscues, and misstatements, and as a consequence we now can't fall back on the issue of race," he told ABC News.

Earlier in the day, Politico reported that former Ambassador Sam Fox, a highly respected Texan, recently decided to leave his unpaid post as co-chairman of the RNC's Republican Regents, the party's top-level fundraising group. Republican sources said that Fox was "deeply troubled by the pattern of self-inflicted wounds and missteps," and had "lost confidence" in Steele.

Still unclear is the fate of Neil S. Alpert, whom Steele installed as his special assistant for finance on Mar. 29. On
    April 4, Politics Daily was first to report that Alpert, a professional fundraiser, was ordered in 2007 to repay nearly $70,000 in unauthorized expenses -- including rent, parking, gasoline and meals -- and unaccounted donations to the DC Baseball PAC and DC Baseball Association. He chaired both groups and controlled their bank accounts in 2004 and 2005. He did not repay that large figure but did turn over $4,000 in fines to the city's Office of Campaign Finance.

Although OFC general counsel Kathy Williams told me on April 2 that the baseball groups and Alpert had a "mediation agreement" that allowed him to avoid paying the money back, seven former officials of the baseball PAC and Association have told me they had no knowledge of any such agreement.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/04...bloody-monday/
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I thought for a second Steele had resigned, oh well.:(

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I got my hopes up too. :( *sigh*

Banned
    Just like with Obama! After all of the "Hooray! We chose a black guy! Look at how accepting we are!" shit. They both prove themselves not only incompetent, but completely unworthy of the euphoria their selection spurred. The good thing? We have marked off the "elect a black dude" box and we do not have to elect another one regardless if they are competent or not just to feel good about ourselves.

What a bunch of tools the RNC are. I wouldn't send them a nickel. They don't get it and I don't think they ever will.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    What a bunch of tools the RNC are. I wouldn't send them a nickel. They don't get it and I don't think they ever will.
    I think that they're starting to get it - a little bit. I mean how can you miss the push for conservatives and conservative candidates while at the same time their coffers are sitting empty.

Is it possible that black politicians just don't get it?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Is it possible that black politicians just don't get it?
    Allen West gets it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Buck up little camper, it's coming.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers