1. #1 Gordon Brown calls 6 May general election 
    Prime Minister Gordon Brown has confirmed that the UK general election will be held on 6 May.

Flanked by his entire cabinet, Mr Brown said it was the "least well-kept secret of recent years".

He said he came from an "ordinary" background and would fight hard for families on "modest incomes".

Conservative leader David Cameron said his party had the "big ideas" for the country, while Lib Dem Nick Clegg said only his party offered "real change". ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8603591.stm

At last. I hope we will see the back of him.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    Prime Minister Gordon Brown has confirmed that the UK general election will be held on 6 May.

Flanked by his entire cabinet, Mr Brown said it was the "least well-kept secret of recent years".

He said he came from an "ordinary" background and would fight hard for families on "modest incomes".

Conservative leader David Cameron said his party had the "big ideas" for the country, while Lib Dem Nick Clegg said only his party offered "real change". ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8603591.stm

At last. I hope we will see the back of him.
    You think the conservatives have an actual chance of taking back control? And how is Cameron? I'm not very familiar with him.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You think the conservatives have an actual chance of taking back control? And how is Cameron? I'm not very familiar with him.
    The Conservatives are 10% ahead in the latest poll, so they have every chance. Cameron is the equivalent of a pretty squishy 'RINO' type, but after 13 years a win's a win. Brown is a good few steps ahead on the Obama style tax and spend road and the country is effectively bankrupt. I do believe that a Cameron government will be much more willing to make the hard choices about cutting spending.

Here he is starting off the campaign earlier today.

[youtube]x-SbYzc71zs[/youtube]