Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Maybe in your liberal fantasy world semantics matters. Here, you may attempt to call it a tax. It is most certainly a FINE. This FINE if not paid lands you in JAIL. The fact that the IRS is given the task of collecting doesn't make it a tax. Oh, in case you missed it, we, the American people, DO NOT WANT THIS CRAP!:mad:
    in liberal fantasy world semantics matter?

How about in the actual adult world of Law semantics matter. If we're talking about this as a legal constitutional matter then yes semantics are very important.

Semantics matter, this isn't about your feelings, this isn't an episode of Jerry Springer, the actual words of the actual law matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    She's almost surely going to loose her seat. I gotta hand it to her though, she did what she felt was right, what she felt was best for the people, even though it was unpopular and caused her to sacrifice her own job.

Good leadership.
    Actually I think she did what her leadership told her to do, making at best a follower. It will be interesting to see where she ends up should she lose her sit. That will be the best indicator of what her true motivations where.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

in liberal fantasy world semantics matter?

How about in the actual adult world of Law semantics matter. If we're talking about this as a legal constitutional matter then yes semantics are very important.

Semantics matter, this isn't about your feelings, this isn't an episode of Jerry Springer, the actual words of the actual law matter.
    You are so full of shit kid!

Banned
    Everyone is getting taxed. If you have insurance you get a credit on that tax. You do not have insurance so you will pay the tax.

Taxation is perfectly constitutional and it always has been.
    Dude, I cashed out. I live off of my savings. I have no other income so I will pay NO taxes! What are they going to do? Tax me again? I would not doubt it with this idiot in the Whitehouse. Don't you get it? The only way they can make me pay for anything is if they show up on my step with a bill and it will make the news the day they do that. It is as unbreakable principle for me as not taking the life of an unborn child. There is no compromise and I WILL NOT BUY INTO A SYSTEM I BELIEVE IS TYRANNICAL. Fuck them, fuck Obama and fuck you. This is the equivilent of giving up my guns or religion. I will set fire to everything I own. I will try to leave as many of their bodies scattered around my place as I can before they finally get me. But it is a matter of principle and one thing about principles, if you really have any, you do not compromise them. Hold a gun to my head, a knife to my neck and I would rather die than buy into this atrocity. But I won't die before I take a few of them because this shit should not be free. I can tell you this, the last 300 yards will be a bitch.

So all taxes are constitutional is that your claim?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned

The Supreme Court has struck down state and fed. taxes in many, many cases. You are an idiot.

What is unconstitutional, specifically, about this health care bill? What argument should be made to the supreme court?

Keep in mind that the "mandate" isn't a criminal law, it's not a criminal offense to not buy insurance, it's simply a new tax that everyone pays unless you have insurance then you get a credit.

What exactly is unconstitutional about it?
    You really are a thick-headed sob, ain't ya?

THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT FORCE YOU TO BUY A SERVICE/PRODUCT, THEY CANNOT TAX YOU FOR LIVING!!

That is exactly what this "law" does...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    So all taxes are constitutional is that your claim?
    No, but arguing that a tax is unconstitutional simply because you have to pay it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Dude, I cashed out. I live off of my savings. I have no other income so I will pay NO taxes! What are they going to do? Tax me again? I would not doubt it with this idiot in the Whitehouse. Don't you get it? The only way they can make me pay for anything is if they show up on my step with a bill and it will make the news the day they do that. It is as unbreakable principle for me as not taking the life of an unborn child. There is no compromise and I WILL NOT BUY INTO A SYSTEM I BELIEVE IS TYRANNICAL. Fuck them, fuck Obama and fuck you. This is the equivilent of giving up my guns or religion. I will set fire to everything I own. I will try to leave as many of their bodies scattered around my place as I can before they finally get me. But it is a matter of principle and one thing about principles, if you really have any, you do not compromise them. Hold a gun to my head, a knife to my neck and I would rather die than buy into this atrocity. But I won't die before I take a few of them because this shit should not be free. I can tell you this, the last 300 yards will be a bitch.
    Tea Party

Banned
    No, but arguing that a tax is unconstitutional simply because you have to pay it doesn't work.
    Passing a tax does not always work either does it? The S.C. is going overturn this dog.