Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PB2012 View Post
    So you are stating that it is the mans job to make all the money and the womans job is to feed him and clean up after him?
    No. I am stating that marriage is a partnership of equals. If the woman wants to work, great! If she wants to raise kids, great! If she wants to do both, great!

But to have no kids, no job, AND refuse to do anything around the house seems a little, well, lazy wouldn't you say?
    **** Obama and **** you too.

No one said they were refusing to do work around the house.
    You said earlier how much can a woman cook and clean, and I just want you to realize that she can do more than just cook an clean.

No one said they were refusing to do work around the house.
    You said earlier how much can a woman cook and clean, and I just want you to realize that she can do more than just cook an clean.
    Well of course she can. I know that. I was referring to women staying at home with no job, no kids, and not doing anything around the house. That wouldn't be helpful.

I concur. It would be counter-productive.

I was under the impression you believed she could do nothing else.

My mistake.

I concur. It would be counter-productive.

I was under the impression you believed she could do nothing else.

My mistake.
    If I were to suggest that, I would be found in a shallow grave in my backyard. :D

Thats what I was trying to prevent!

Thats what I was trying to prevent!
    Haha. My wife runs this family. I may help pay the bills, but without her I would cease to function. All men know that. The smart ones, at least. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    What does a woman with no kids do all day if she stays home? How much can you possibly cook and clean for two people?
    No doubt. I have a kid and I run out of things to do after 2 or 3 days when I take a vacation.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    See, I'm just the opposite - I can't imagine how anybody could possibly be at a loss for interesting things to do outside the workplace. I only work for the money. While my work is entertaining and serves the public good in a very direct way, there's simply no way I'd do it for free.

It's vaguely possible that social interactions at my home might make a lasting (and favorable) impression on guests and friends but 2 weeks after I resign from work, my legacy there will vanish. I've seen it happen many times.
    Ginger, I couldn't agree more. I've told them at work that it isn't my hobby; it's for the money. There are many things that I would rather do.

And there isn't much of an institutional memory for anyone at my company---or most places of employment. I'd really miss my customers, but could always keep in touch with them.

I'm planning to become more involved with many areas other than the zoo, such as the history museum, helping with some cutting edge programs for autistic kids, volunteering at the nursing home where I currently do the therapy dog thingy once a month, learning more about investments. I had a great uncle who invested wisely after his retirement and earned what at the time was a small fortune. I'm planning to enroll in some investment classes.

And I would dearly love to have more time to putter around in the garden and actually get it weeded properly.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I would go batshit crazy if I didn't work. Even if I had kids, I would work. If I won the lottery, I would work. There is just not that much interesting to me about keeping a house or "volunteering" my time.