Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I didn't realize there was a marital requirement for the Court.
    You don't check out someone before you decide if you are for or against them? I know i do. How you conduct your home life says a lot about who you are. And given that these are LIFETIME appointments . . . . who they are is that much more important.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You don't check out someone before you decide if you are for or against them? I know i do. How you conduct your home life says a lot about who you are. And given that these are LIFETIME appointments . . . . who they are is that much more important.
    A conservative like us would. However, a closet Rockefeller RINO that's main interests revolve around financial matters would not.

Power CUer
    I'll check out their ideas and rulings they've made if they've been on other courts, but I couldn't care less about their "home lives".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    A conservative like us would. However, a closet Rockefeller RINO that's main interests revolve around financial matters would not.
    Despite the fractured English, your point is correct.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I'll check out their ideas and rulings they've made if they've been on other courts, but I couldn't care less about their "home lives".
    Well that's your prerogative. I'm personally bound and determined to make sure we don't get another Souter.

Power CUer
    Well that's your prerogative. I'm personally bound and determined to make sure we don't get another Souter.
    How do you intend to do that?

How do you intend to do that?
    education and public outcry.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    here's a list of potential candidates from wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_...ens_retirement
    After Stevens announced his retirement, an anonymous White House official said that about ten people are under consideration.[34] The leading contenders to replace Stevens are said to include Seventh Circuit Judge Diane Pamela Wood and Solicitor General Elena Kagan, both of whom were interviewed for the David Souter vacancy, and D.C. Circuit Judge Merrick B. Garland, who was also considered for the Souter vacancy.[34] Others mentioned include Ninth Circuit Judge Sidney Runyan Thomas, former Georgia Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears, Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.[37]
    out of most of them, Kegan looks ok...anyone that would seriously Granholm is a fucking moron, particularly after what she's done to this state. Same goes with Napolitano.

Woods and Garland look like the best choices out of all of them...
    Last edited by fettpett; 04-13-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Seems like he's mostly interested in getting his old chums from Univerity of Chicago Law School. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    here's a list of potential candidates from wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_...ens_retirement

out of most of them, Kegan looks ok...anyone that would seriously Granholm is a fucking moron, particularly after what she's done to this state. Same goes with Napolitano.

Woods and Garland look like the best choices out of all of them...

Granholm has no judicial experience and her legal experience is limited to one term as Michigan's AG and years working as corporate council for the late Wayne County executive, Ed McNamara. I don't think Obama really wants congress looking at the latter over a supreme court nominee. If anyone really looked into McNamara's books, a whole lot of still-living people would be going to jail, including two governors, a disgraced ex-Detroit mayor and both of his parents, various cops and officials, and Magic Johnson. It's my favorite real conspiracy theory, because everyone has ignored it since McNamara died before the feds could indict him.

I really don't know much about Janet Napolitano's legal backround. I know she's roundly despised here. I don't know much about Kegan, either.