#1 Are Liberals And Atheists As Dumb As Bricks?
04-10-2010, 08:03 AM
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
An attempt is being made to inculcate into our society the notion -- create a meme if you will -- that liberals and atheists are smarter than conservatives who believe in God.
Cited as evidence by evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa are conclusions gleaned from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health which began with a survey of high school students in 1994 and part of which included a picture-based vocabulary test used to estimate their IQs. Interviews of participants 14 years later showed higher-IQ scorers to be disproportionately liberals and atheists.
This surprising simple test demonstrates that liberals and atheists lack the intellectual acuity of conservatives.
Print out the list below. At the end of every line write a Y for yes or an N for no.
Liberals and atheists are more likely to accept the claim:
1. That man's activities are causing the earth to warm catastrophically ___
2. That society should assume that there are no significant differences between boys and girls, and men and women ___
3. That criminals are society's victims ___
4. That the Soviet Union was a noble experiment ___
5. That Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez are wise and able leaders ___
6. That women rarely make false rape allegations ___
7. That wind and solar power can provide our energy needs ___
8. That government bureaucrats and trial lawyers are the most important parts of a health-care system ___
9. That increasing the minimum wage will not increase unemployment ___
10. That consensual homosexual acts are not a choice ___
11. That we don't need a strong military because if we don't present a threat, other nations won't attempt to harm us ___
12. That guns, not their users, kill ___
13. That discriminating based on race is being against racial discrimination ___
14. That the National Socialist Party was not socialist ___
15. That being unable to replace a poorly performing teacher is good for education ___
16. That a child in the womb is not a human being ___
Now, count the Ys and Ns. Put the letter that appeared the most at the end of this sentence: Are liberals and atheists mentally less capable than conservatives?
Simple, yet conclusive.
To leave a response visit here...
Something else to consider--the greatest minds of the 20th century were not atheists. Think of astrophysicist Georges Lemaître or quantum physics founder Max Planck or mathematician Kurt Godel. Even Einstein, who was a bit of a liberal, was not an atheist.
As Francis Bacon, who is usually considered the founder of modern science, wrote: It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
04-10-2010, 08:13 AMIn most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.
In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|