Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Why Isn't the Media Interested in Oprah's Alleged Lesbianism? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Yet somehow, the media doesn't seem to be celebrating her coming out party. Perhaps they're skeptical of the Enquirer's reportage (a bizarre position since the John Edwards sex scandal). Perhaps they're suddenly respectful of the personal lives of celebrities (though they were happy to trumpet Mark Foley's sexuality to every available reader/viewer). Or perhaps they're still trying to cover for Oprah herself.

The gay community has been largely silent on the issue, which is shocking. Usually when a celebrity comes out of the closet, the gay media is all over it. When Ellen came out, they celebrated. When Rosie came out, they celebrated. Hell, Ricky Martin just came out, and they celebrated that.

But when Oprah comes out, they don't even report it.

Why?

Because for years, the left media has pushed the notion that lesbianism is the new normal.

Every single major female talk show host with the exception of Tyra Banks has been a closeted lesbian who eventually came out to the adoration and acceptance of her fans.

Oprah's revelation, however, would not just be another story in a chain of stories -- it would be the capper, the revelation that millions of American women have been played for dupes.

SNIP

Oprah crosses all racial, income, and socioeconomic lines, and any information that suggests that she doesn't represent the American woman threatens her brand and her credibility with her audience.

Better for the media and the gay left to ignore her sexuality so that she can purvey her pro-gay views more effectively, without being seen as a partisan in the culture wars (which she most assuredly is).

The media ignored John Edwards until it became too big to cover up. They'll do the same with Oprah. The left covers for the left, and they ensure that their most effective cultural tools remain intact until they have outlived their usefulness.

http://benjaminshapiro.com/index.php...ged-lesbianism

"Who in Hell Cares if this Fat old Blivit has sex with anything with two or four legs !"

In Texas Between Rosie,Roseann and Oprah they could have a real old fashioned cattle auction and make a fortune ."

"Abilene Auction, Inc. - Abilene, TX - Tuesday - 04/06/10

Cattle and Calves: 1,029 Week Ago: 920 Year Ago: 857
    Cattle and Calves: 1029 Week Ago: 920 Year Ago: 857

Compared to last week: Feeder steers under 500 lbs steady, over 500 lbs 3.00-
    5.00 higher. Feeder heifers 3.00-5.00 higher. Slaughter cows and bulls 2.00-
    4.00 higher. Replacement cows and cow/calf pairs 50.00-100.00 higher. Trade
    and demand good. Bulk supply Medium and Large 1-2 300-600 lb feeder steers and
    heifers. Slaughter cows made up 5 percent of the offering, slaughter bulls 5
    percent, replacement cows 5 percent, and feeders 85 percent. The feeder supply
    included 52 steers and 48 percent heifers. Near 45 percent of the run weighed
    over 600 lbs. "
    :D

I dunno. Maybe because nobody cares?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I dunno. Maybe because nobody cares?
    I don't think it is even possible for me to care less.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Its old news, really old. but mainly because she doesn't want it out and NOBODY crosses Oprah.

Banned
    Does it really matter what Oprah does in her bedroom so long as it isn't illegal? Why do people care so much about sexuality, particularly the sexuality of celebrities? It just seems creepy that sex is such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Does it really matter what Oprah does in her bedroom so long as it isn't illegal? Why do people care so much about sexuality, particularly the sexuality of celebrities? It just seems creepy that sex is such a big deal.
    So sex has no influence over the things you do?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    He's not old enough yet !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Outside of bedroom and the relationship, not really.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Um... because much like Rosie O. We don't want to think of her having sex?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Sonnabend
    ...and you know a lot about this....how? The old saying that children should be seen and not heard makes a great deal of sense, especially in your case.

Now run along and play.