1. #1 What would it take? (a letter to Nancy Pelosi) 
    The BDS is hard into this one.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3734194

sheeptramp (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-05-08 03:10 PM
    Original message
    What would it take? (a letter to Nancy Pelosi)
    Advertisements [?]Edited on Tue Aug-05-08 03:12 PM by sheeptramp
    Dear House Speaker,

What would the Bush/Cheney Administration have to do for you to consider putting impeachment back on the table?

If Cheney had been shown to favor a plan to disguise American soldiers as Iranians and get them to shoot at .....other American soldiers , in order to turn US sentiment towards a pre-emptive invasion of another oil-rich sovereign nation?
    Would that get you dusting off the impeachment issue?

If you learned that Bush / Cheney had directed the CIA to forge documents to show a false link between 911 terrorist,,Mohammad Atta and Saddam Hussein, in order to plunge your country into an ill concieved war that costs more treasure than we can afford, and more lives than we can bear?
    would that induce you to get that table set?

What if Bush and Cheney had directed their staff to reveal the name of an undercover CIA agent as a cold act of political revenge? Would you be moved to action?

If you learned that the administration stripped our Justice Department and federal judiciary bare, in order to fill it with unqualified jackbooted hacks and partisan butt-kissers. Would that be the straw that does it?

If they wire-tapped hundreds of thousands of US Citizens without warrant? Would that get your interest?
    If they kept people cruelly confined for years without trial? Would you so much as raise an eyebrow ?

If they obstructed and impeded investigation of the worst terrorist incident ever to darken our continent?
    Would you be look up from your book signing and say, "That is, by God, ENOUGH!"

These questions are rhetorical. Sadly, I know the answers.

Your nation lies bleeding. Justice is a corpse.

History is going to look back to now.

Heres the question that plagues me. I wish, Dear Speaker that it plagued you too. The question I would really like to ask you is this:

What would the Bush administration have to do for you to bring impeachment to the table?

Respectfully,
    Susan ******
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

Keyword in the whole sanctimoneous(sp) bullshit is "IF" As in "what if". It's pretty much all a fabrication of your puny little minds there lefties. Half of your accusations have been proven false. So keep having your little wet dream, but your elected reps know better.

If Cheney had been shown to favor a plan to disguise American soldiers as Iranians and get them to shoot at .....other American soldiers , in order to turn US sentiment towards a pre-emptive invasion of another oil-rich sovereign nation?
    WTF? Are they completely just making things up?!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBama View Post
    WTF? Are they completely just making things up?!
    The DUmmies don't need any stinking facts. If they read it at "Raw Story", "Truthout", "Common Dreams", "After Downing Street" or heard it on Olber-dork, it must be true.

Sonnabend
    Eight weeks to a national election.

What would it take? An act of pure insanity and a wish to commit political seppuku.

Does that answer your question?

Sonnabend
    What would the Bush/Cheney Administration have to do for you to consider putting impeachment back on the table?
    Nothing. They leave office in under five months, and I think Nancy is well aware of the fact that by the time they get started, the President will be on his ranch with his feet up, laughing at you.

Oh wait, he'll be doing that anyway.

If he favoured a plan to send you to Abu Dhabi in a crate full of smelly socks, I know I'd kick in for tickets and cargo costs.

If you learned that Bush / Cheney had directed the CIA to forge documents to show a false link between 911 terrorist,,Mohammad Atta and Saddam Hussein, in order to plunge your country into an ill concieved war that costs more treasure than we can afford, and more lives than we can bear?would that induce you to get that table set?
    Oh, a Truther...how sweet....:D

What if Bush and Cheney had directed their staff to reveal the name of an undercover CIA agent as a cold act of political revenge? Would you be moved to action?
    Except they didn't...dead issue.Over.Done.Kaput.

If you learned that the administration stripped our Justice Department and federal judiciary bare, in order to fill it with unqualified jackbooted hacks and partisan butt-kissers. Would that be the straw that does it?
    But you're talking about the current administration, not the Clintons....

If they wire-tapped hundreds of thousands of US Citizens without warrant? Would that get your interest?
    It would if my name was John F Kennedy, Robert F Kennedy or J Edgar Hoover. You didnt know? Poor boy.

If they kept people cruelly confined for years without trial? Would you so much as raise an eyebrow ?
    ..as if I give a rats ass for terrorists who should have been put up against a wall and summarily shot.

If they obstructed and impeded investigation of the worst terrorist incident ever to darken our continent?
    That tinfoil hat is cutting off the oxygen to your brain again.

Would you be look up from your book signing and say, "That is, by God, ENOUGH!"
    Only if that book was a directory of psychoanalysts, and she was trying to find the one you are seeing. Whoever he is, I pity him.

These questions are rhetorical. Sadly, I know the answers.
    So do I. You're a nutter...I know it, Nancy knows it.

Your nation lies bleeding. Justice is a corpse.
    ..I was playing rock and roll, and you were just a fan.....

History is going to look back to now.
    ...yep, they will read this letter and die laughing.

Heres the question that plagues me. I wish, Dear Speaker that it plagued you too. The question I would really like to ask you is this:
    ..will I see you tonight? On a downtown train?

What would the Bush administration have to do for you to bring impeachment to the table?
    Bring fish, chips, a cold bottle of wine and maybe some Grey Poupon?
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 08-05-2008 at 05:01 PM.