1. #1 My head just exploded from reading this stupidity. 
    DaveinJapan (770 posts) Sun Apr-11-10 08:48 AM
    Original message
    "War of Northern Aggression", meet "The Greater East Asian War", courtesy of Yasukuni War Museum
    Well, I just had an eye opening experience today, visiting for the first time Tokyo's Yasukuni War Museum.

I had no idea the Japanese had the right idea all along, pleading with the Western Aggressors even during WWI to put a stop to racism and imperialism.

Not to mention the fact that the attack on Pearl Harbor was simply a retaliation towards the West who, through the oil embargo, had threatened Japan's very existence.

But the MOST interesting thing (and there was a LOT of interesting rhetoric there!) was the fact that through the entire Museum they referred to "The Greater East Asian War" and we couldn't quite figure out the reference. Only in the very last exhibit room was it explained. It refers to not ONLY WWII (the "early" stages), but to Korea and Vietnam as well where the imperial powers were finally defeated. And in that last exhibit was a quip insinuating that if ONLY the world had listened to wise Japan way back in WWI, all could have been avoided.

Again, a very eye opening place to say the least (not to mention the fact that their rhetoric reminds me STRONGLY of the right wing noise machine in America today...go figure!).
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x8129734

I love Japan. Lived there for 7 years, and would go back in a heartbeat. But this is just beyond stupid.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    this is just beyond stupid.
    I'll second that emotion.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    JHC!!! :eek: DaveinJapan is a total moron. Can't be older than mid 20's.
    May the FORCE be with you!

"I went to Aryan Brotherhood museum and it said that blacks were sub-human and Jews were really mud people and responsible for all the problems in the world. I never knew this!"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    "I went to Aryan Brotherhood museum and it said that blacks were sub-human and Jews were really mud people and responsible for all the problems in the world. I never knew this!"
    I love that museum! I picked out a lot of swasticas on the cheap there. The sarin gas cannisters were on backorder though.:D

Cirque du So-What Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Apr-11-10 09:12 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. RW extremists are no different

whether they're from the USA or western Europe, from east Asia or the Middle East. Even losing a war (as in the case of imperial Japan and the Confederacy) doesn't stop their attempts to rewrite history in order to rehabilitate their image. The Japanese people would be wise to keep a wary eye on their RW militaristic fringe, who would lead their nation back into death & destruction AGAIN if given half-a-chance. Same with the neoconfederates (among other RW nutjob groups) in our own country.

My account has been banned there(don't understand why as under this handle I was in lock step so I could get established). I wanted to post this in reply:

Nanking Massacre
    Bataan Death March
    Japanese War Crimes

Of course because we were the perceived bad guy to these leftist assholes, this would have fallen on deaf ears(eyes).
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

My account has been banned there(don't understand why as under this handle I was in lock step so I could get established). I wanted to post this in reply:

Nanking Massacre
    Bataan Death March
    Japanese War Crimes

Of course because we were the perceived bad guy to these leftist assholes, this would have fallen on deaf ears(eyes).
    Of course, America is always the bad guy to the Moonbats
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Of course, America is always the bad guy to the Moonbats
    And they're terribly misinformed. These are the same people who look at the A bombing and lambaste the US for killing so many innocent civilians. Well, IMO, dropping a nuclear device was a hell of a lot humane than soaking civilians in kerosene and lighting them on fire or tossing infants in the air and catching them on bayonets.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.