Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Black Americans make up 45% of new HIV cases.... 
    Despite being 13% of the US population, blacks make up 45% of all new HIV cases in the US. Why is that? Government conspiracy? The black news outlet "Daily Voice" thinks so....

The study concludes that Black Americans made up at least 45 percent of new infections in 2006. Given that finding, it must now be the CDC's most urgent research priority to provide useful details to our community on how the virus is spreading, who is most at risk, and what we can do about it. We cannot afford a long delay in getting this information out, and the CDC must clearly communicate directly with the Black community about when the information will be available.

Black women are believed to account for two-thirds of all infections among women, and AIDS remains a leading cause of death for young Black women. Another CDC study found that 46 percent of black gay and bisexual men tested in several major cities were already HIV positive.
    http://thedailyvoice.com/voice/2008/...les-000976.php

They must have missed the study that shows its another genetic difference between blacks and whites that increases their risk:
    A genetic variant commonly found in people of African descent raises the risk of HIV infection by about 40 percent, but also causes HIV-infected people to live longer.

That's the conclusion of joint American and British research published today in the journal Cell Host & Microbe, which indicates the mutation might help account for the spread of the AIDS virus in Africa.

Researchers say the trait is extremely common because it used to have a beneficial effect; it protected people against a form of malaria that is now fairly rare.

About three-quarters of the 33 million people worldwide infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, live in sub-Saharan Africa, where most people are black. The gene variation may provide a clue as to why the virus has spread so much there, as well as among people with African heritage living elsewhere, said Professor Robin Weiss, a University College London virologist who helped write the study.
    http://www.newsday.com/services/news...,3071953.story
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Looks like I got a fishing buddy.:D Even got your own lures. I haven't been able to get a bite in a while. I keep scaring the fish off.:(
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Looks like I got a fishing buddy.:D Even got your own lures. I haven't been able to get a bite in a while. I keep scaring the fish off.:(
    Hey now, don't jump to conclusions. Blacks should be happy by this study. The only argument for the increased infection rate before this came out was simply they were either a) more sexually promiscuous or b) didnt use protection or c) government conspiracy. This gives them a great defense.

Given that finding, it must now be the CDC's most urgent research priority to provide useful details to our community on how the virus is spreading, who is most at risk, and what we can do about it.
    It is spread by unprotected sex.

Those that are most at risk are those that have unprotected sex.

What you can do about it is to stop having unprotected sex and tell people to stop having unprotected sex.

Just doing my part for the "community".

Oh, what's that? You're asking for money? Forget it.
    Last edited by Troll; 08-05-2008 at 06:00 PM.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Hey - they just don’t make condoms big enough for the Brothers. What can I say? White man marketing mistake.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Who would have thought that mutatiion, unprotected sex and drug use causes HIV. Looks like a conspiracy to me; infect them and/or put em in jail. The white man is the culprit.

Actually the idea that AIDS was developed by the CIA to destroy Africa is widespread. It's been around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually the idea that AIDS was developed by the CIA to destroy Africa is widespread. It's been around for a long time.
    Islam has been around a long time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Why would anyone need to destroy Africa? The Africans seem to be doing a bang-up job all by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Hey now, don't jump to conclusions. Blacks should be happy by this study. The only argument for the increased infection rate before this came out was simply they were either a) more sexually promiscuous or b) didnt use protection or c) government conspiracy. This gives them a great defense.
    I'm not saying you're a racist or anything. Hell, I'm not either. But have you noticed who is absent from this thread? Statistics and the truth about "his community" scare him off.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad