Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually the idea that AIDS was developed by the CIA to destroy Africa is widespread. It's been around for a long time.

There is an interesting theory about HIV coming into the human population via contaminated monkeys used for polio vaccines. I saw a documentary about it. The CIA had nothing to do with it.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There is an interesting theory about HIV coming into the human population via contaminated monkeys used for polio vaccines. I saw a documentary about it. The CIA had nothing to do with it.
    Really? I hadn't heard that one. Contaminated vaccines would explain the rapid spread.

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Really? I hadn't heard that one. Contaminated vaccines would explain the rapid spread.

In the 50s, a couple of different organizations were doing research in Stanleytown. When a german scientist ran out of the officially tested and disease free monkeys (they use monkey kidneys to make the vaccine), they started using local monkeys that weren't tested, then tested the vaccines on the local population. The first AIDS cases were discovered in that part of the Congo in the 60s.

Salk was onto this connection-he was working on an HIV vaccine when he died. He condemned the other scientist at the time as using sloppy procedures-there was a lot of competition to get the vaccine produced, and to get the contracts with governments and international aid organizations.

Although it may be an example of Europeans (white people) using a more primitive group of people as rat labs, which is a despicable practice by today's standards, the US government was not part of this situation. Maybe the germans and the UN/WHO or whichever agency was involved, and whatever pharm company was involved, but it wasn't the USA's fault.

The documentary is called "The Orgin of AIDS" and was on various digital cable channels about a year ago-maybe I saw it on the Sundance Channel?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Possible. The much more likely probability is beastiality to enter it into humankind and homosexuality to rapidly spread it across the borders of Africa. The first known human diagnosis was a gay, male flight attendant from Canada.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Possible. The much more likely probability is beastiality to enter it into humankind and homosexuality to rapidly spread it across the borders of Africa. The first known human diagnosis was a gay, male flight attendant from Canada.
    Actually it is much more likely that it spread from simians to humans via a bite since monkey bites are a lot more common than intercourse with monkeys.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis