Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    what is opcare?
    They are a vendor for the British NHS according to the internets they sell falsies.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    A similar stituation occured to my old boss. He wound up getting a letter put in his file. I wanted to whip the rat's ass but my friend did not want any more trouble.
    They get away with it because the working public has allowed it. The workers were well intended when they accepted that there needed to be a more respectful workplace, one which tolerated less bullying and animosity. The problem arose when the schoolmarms got involved and elevated the values of the safer more comfortable workplace to a VP level and with it the offenses to capital crimes. What were accepted as good ideas by most workers were soon turned into lethal weapons.

Which is why most corporate workplaces are 80% female. Women will put up with this kind of shit while most men would rather shovel shit than put up with bullshit like this that has everyone walking on eggshells.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Which is why most corporate workplaces are 80% female. Women will put up with this kind of shit while most men would rather shovel shit than put up with bullshit like this that has everyone walking on eggshells.
    Women know how to use the policies and regulations to their advantage. I've seen many instances of women making false accusations just because they knew the investigation process would be painful for their victim even if the accusation was later dropped.

If you want really high level amusement, you can't beat a two-woman accusation process. I once had a terrible employee (who I inherited). She got away with awful things because she was A.) black, B.) crippled, and C.) older. She caused havoc by accusing men she disliked of harassment (never proven).

She made the critical mistake of accusing me of racism one time. She seriously thought that I'd lay down the way everybody else had. I'm still living large here and she's.........not here. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't mind dealing directly with someone who is offended for himself, assuming he really is and isn't just being offended to be a pain. What I can't (and won't) stand is someone being offended on behalf of someone else, or worse "if" someone else "might be offended".

We had a case here where some people wanted to name their new business The Plantation Inn, because to them the building looked like "a plantation house" (aka Hollywood plantation house, but I digress). Two crazy old cat women objected in the newspaper because they thought it "might be offensives to African Americans" . I kid you not. I wrote a two word response to those women, but they never published it. So they ended up naming it something even dumber and more cliché : Patriot House.
    I take this a step further into the realm of ridiculousness. A couple of years ago the Philadelphia Phillies set up a AAA team in Lehigh Valley, PA. Because of the area is a big steel mill area, the team was named the Iron Pigs which is a play on the word pig iron. They held a contest to name the team mascot, which, as you might expect, is a pig wearing a baseball uniform. Well, the winning name was Pork Chop. Fits, no? Well, 1 man, a Puerto Rican was offended because he said the term pork chop is a slur against Puerto Ricans so the team caved and renamed the mascot Ferrous. Now, I grew up in a town with a lot of Puerto Ricans and am friends with many Puerto Ricans and I asked all of them if they ever heard of a Puerto Rican slur pork chop and they all to a man and woman said no.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I take this a step further into the realm of ridiculousness. A couple of years ago the Philadelphia Phillies set up a AAA team in Lehigh Valley, PA. Because of the area is a big steel mill area, the team was named the Iron Pigs which is a play on the word pig iron. They held a contest to name the team mascot, which, as you might expect, is a pig wearing a baseball uniform. Well, the winning name was Pork Chop. Fits, no? Well, 1 man, a Puerto Rican was offended because he said the term pork chop is a slur against Puerto Ricans so the team caved and renamed the mascot Ferrous. Now, I grew up in a town with a lot of Puerto Ricans and am friends with many Puerto Ricans and I asked all of them if they ever heard of a Puerto Rican slur pork chop and they all to a man and woman said no.
    Never in my life have I heard "pork chop" used as a racial or ethnic epithet. I can only guess that the man was fat as a child, and thought he was being called pork chop because he was PR? Or perhaps "you're so ugly your mother had to tie a pork chop around your neck to get the dog to play with you..." got shortened to pork chop for him.

Although, I'm from the Eastern Shore and there are some things said there I have never heard anywhere else. I suppose it's possible "pork chop" is an epithet in some microculture. I know some black people call each other "chicken head" but I don't think anyone would consider it a racial epithet.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I blame the Philles and all who caved into this idiocy. I would have told Pork Chop to hit the door or I'd throw his fat butt out.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Women know how to use the policies and regulations to their advantage. I've seen many instances of women making false accusations just because they knew the investigation process would be painful for their victim even if the accusation was later dropped.

If you want really high level amusement, you can't beat a two-woman accusation process. I once had a terrible employee (who I inherited). She got away with awful things because she was A.) black, B.) crippled, and C.) older. She caused havoc by accusing men she disliked of harassment (never proven).

She made the critical mistake of accusing me of racism one time. She seriously thought that I'd lay down the way everybody else had. I'm still living large here and she's.........not here. ;)
    This happened to a friend of mine... nice guy, bisexual and in the closet @ work, had a g/f (who knew he was bisexual). A girl on the job (his supervisor) wanted him. He rebuffed her- - she accused him of harassment. Me AND his girlfriend pressed him to out himself to turn the game back on her. We told him that if he wants to survive he had to play dirty. . . LBGT trumps gender almost every time, and we thought it was worth a shot.

He refused and lost his job. He found out later that one of the muckety mucks in HR was also bisexual and probably would have gone to bat for him.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    This happened to a friend of mine... nice guy, bisexual and in the closet @ work, had a g/f (who knew he was bisexual). A girl on the job (his supervisor) wanted him. He rebuffed her- - she accused him of harassment. Me AND his girlfriend pressed him to out himself to turn the game back on her. We told him that if he wants to survive he had to play dirty. . . LBGT trumps gender almost every time, and we thought it was worth a shot.

He refused and lost his job. He found out later that one of the muckety mucks in HR was also bisexual and probably would have gone to bat for him.

~QC
    Bi is the new Gay but without any teeth. Gays hate Bis for being posers and Hets don't see the point.