1. #1 FBI Lets Kennedys Keep Tedís Embarrassing Records Private 
    Today at 11:54am
    In a deplorable example of special treatment for the politically connected, the FBI is letting Ted Kennedyís family determine if certain embarrassing records from the late senatorís extensive bureau file should be withheld from the public.

Responding to a newspaperís public records request, The Justice Department agency is in the process of releasing thousands of pages of files involving the legendary Massachusetts Democrat who died of brain cancer eight months ago. Problem is some of the information from his storied, decades-long political career is likely to upset the family, according to the FBI.

Thatís why the feds are giving the Kennedy clan a rare opportunity to raise objections (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles) before the public disclosure of his exhaustive and secret FBI file, according to the Boston newspaper that filed the Freedom of Information Act to obtain the documents. The records were requested soon after Kennedy died in August at the age of 77.

Itís unusual for a federal agency to defer to a subjectís family before releasing public records but this involves the Kennedy political dynasty. The family will review all the documents set for release that the FBI deems most likely to upset them, according to an agency source. The bureau also claims that the Kennedys have ďprivacy concernsĒ related to the records.

Surely, they want to keep a lid on previously undisclosed information involving the incident that big Teddy is most famous for; the drowning death of his young mistress in 1969. Kennedy recklessly drove off a bridge in Chappaquiddick, east of Marthaís Vineyard, and let his 28-year-old mistress (Mary Jo Kopechne) drown in the pond while he fled the scene to avoid a public scandal.

Kennedy had an expired license and, as was customary for him, he had been drinking at a party before leaving with Kopechne. He later pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of a crime but only got a slap on the hand, a two-month suspended jail sentence.

Two decades after the horrific event more light was shed on the cover-up when the foreman of the grand jury that investigated the accident came forward and confessed that the panel was pressured by a judge and a prosecutor not to pursue the case. The foreman said the jury was manipulated and blocked from doing its job.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/18/us...-20-years.html

http://www.facebook.com/notes/judici...e/396725691560
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

2. #2 F.B.I. Files of Sen. Edward Kennedy 
    The man has passed from this life as we all shall some day. May he rest in peace.

If the late Sen. Kennedy were a member of your family, I don't think you would want to see your relative's files spread out all over the gossip pages.

What is the F.B.I. doing with so many files on him anyway? We should all have PRIVACY CONCERNS!

Quote Originally Posted by nativityofthetheotokos View Post
    The man has passed from this life as we all shall some day. May he rest in peace.

If the late Sen. Kennedy were a member of your family, I don't think you would want to see your relative's files spread out all over the gossip pages.

What is the F.B.I. doing with so many files on him anyway? We should all have PRIVACY CONCERNS!
    My relatives have never committed murder so . . .

I'm of the opinion that he's dead, let it go. I understand the desire to want to expose these records but what useful thing could be accomplished by releasing the records?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Closure and justice maybe for the victims and their families?

6. #6 Go 
    I had a bumper sticker that said,"MY GUNS HAVE KILLED FEWER PEOPLE THAN TED KENNEDY'S CAR." I think I will try to find another one.
    ________
    Medical marijuana card
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Closure and justice maybe for the victims and their families?
    What closure could they get? They already know the truth. How would the confirmation provide them with justice? Dug up his body and bury it in a federal prison? Kennedy is in God's hands now and justice is being served.

I feel that closure is one of those myths created by psychologists to create jobs as grief counselors and generate some extra cash for the bank accounts. I have heard the families of murder victims speak after a trial of how they were glad the perp got convicted but it didn't change how they felt. Can you really get closure after the needless death of a loved one?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis