Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Really the best one to nominate--as in most electable, and for conservatives, most truly conservative--would be either Palin or Huckabee. Palin has the media exposure, she has the name recognition (almost everyone knows who she is, despite what they think of her). Romney might be the most electable, but for conservatives as evidenced by this thread he'd probably be a dissapointment. Huckabee might good be a good choice but his record on crime--which I recognize is important to conservatives--is spotty.

Paul is probably the best bet economically for conservatives but he's derided as a kook and has a defense strategy that neither Democrats or Republicans really endorse, and ideas on how to fight the war on terrorism (considering 9/11 to be an act of ''air piracy.'') is a bit ridiculous.

A candidate who was conservative economically, libertarian socially, and hawkish on foreign defense would be perfect.

I would submit that the Republican Party will choose one of the following two options:

1. Accept that Ron Paul has not only been consistently accurate about fiscal policy and thus deserves a place at the head of the conservative table, regardless of other policy differences; accepting with him an army of conservatives from every demographic group to defeat the soft, yet hardening tyranny of our time.

2. Continue to dismiss or marginalize Ron Paul and his growing and active movement, and lose yet more elections.

It's up to you.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It is fine if he wants to try in the primaries more power to him but after that we have to get behind the republican nominee or we will be a communist nation without any doubt.
    Ok but if Dr Nuts does not make a strong showing in the primaries then he should not be allowed in the debates.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 04-13-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Dr. Nuts had higher numbers than John McCain early on. This was before the staged Romney bow-out and the short lived two week long Huckabee-gasm.

All of that garbage looked staged to me. A Don King boxing match designed for (Owe)bama to get the easy win. John effing McCain? WTF? NOBODY picked John McCain as the Repub nominee, he just happened to be last man standing. By design.
    It was a Huckabee McCain conspiracy. I believe it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I would submit that the Republican Party will choose one of the following two options:

1. Accept that Ron Paul has not only been consistently accurate about fiscal policy and thus deserves a place at the head of the conservative table, regardless of other policy differences; accepting with him an army of conservatives from every demographic group to defeat the soft, yet hardening tyranny of our time.

2. Continue to dismiss or marginalize Ron Paul and his growing and active movement, and lose yet more elections.

It's up to you.
    He might have conservative economic views, but his views on national defense are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Ok but if Dr Nuts does not have 10% or more rating then he should not be allowed in the debates.
    Dr. Nuts? Pray tell, what led you to apply that epithet?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It was a Huckabee McCain conspiracy. I believe it!
    Seriously. That Repub nomination was one of the most bizarre things I've ever witnessed in my life.

The leaders drop out, and the only one with a damned clue from here to Sunday was labeled a "kook".

Then, once Ron Paul was no threat to anyone, all of those who bent over backwards to destroy him, suddenly couldn't wait to invite him on their show to tell him how "spot on" he was about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Ok but if he does not have 5 to 10% rating then Dr Nuts should not be allowed in the debates.
    Dang Lacarnut don't make me disagree with you! He is wrong when it comes to foreign policy but what he could add to the debates with his constitutional knowledge and also his fiscal responsibility would be very valuable. When other conservative candidates see his popularity over fiscal and constitutional issues they can't help but try to adopt that into their own platforms. I like Ron Paul for his influence even though he is not a viable candidate!

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Dr. Nuts? Pray tell, what led you to apply that epithet?
    Because to close ourselves off to the world in this day and age is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    He might have conservative economic views, but his views on national defense are insane.
    We can kill brown people on the other side of the world, but we can't even guard our own Southern border.

What's wrong with this picture?