Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I have certain differences with Congressman Paul over foreign policy issues as well. What are yours, roadkill rapist*?

*Just trying to fit the vernacular.
    See post #35

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You surely are not implying that he is the leader of the Tea Party at the present date are you? Hold a rally on the same date and same time with Sarah at one of town and Dr Nuts at the other end of town and let's see who garners the biggest crowd. We will even do it in Dr Nuts home state of Texas. Let's say Dallas and she will outdraw him big a large margin; probably will be like 30k for Sarah to 300 for Paul.
    Not at all. But are you denying that Mr.Paul's movement was a catalyst for the Tea Party effort, and a large part of it? Dismiss Libertarians if you wish, but you will regret your folly when you lose elections. The Tea Party is more libertarian than the Republican Party has been since Ronald Reagan.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Yes, we were. And we were sadly conned by a culture that perfected deception many centuries ago and even coined the word 'assassin'. Yes, we were had and continue to be.
    I expected to be attcked by some here for my views, which is why I kind of held off at first. It isn't so bad after all. I admit that I'm somewhat surprised.

Those who remember me from years ago are probably wondering what happened. My political views have changed a great deal over the last ~4 years.

See post #35
    I am tempted to retort with a "NO U" to meet your standards of elaboration, but I won't. Instead, I would prefer to ask that you indulge me by elaborating on your trenchantly elusive reply in post #35.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I expected to be attcked by some here for my views, which is why I kind of held off at first. It isn't so bad after all. I admit that I'm somewhat surprised.

Those who remember me from years ago are probably wondering what happened. My political views have changed a great deal over the last ~4 years.
    We don't attack anymore. The Obama administration dictates that we may only hug you really hard.

Banned
    Not at all. But are you denying that Mr.Paul's movement was a catalyst for the Tea Party effort, and a large part of it? Dismiss Libertarians if you wish, but you will regret your folly when you lose elections. The Tea Party is more libertarian than the Republican Party has been since Ronald Reagan.
    The Tea Party is composed of disgruntled Repubs/Independents/Libertarians/ Democrats and Seniors. I happen to be a disgruntled Repub. who has moved away from the party to the camp of Independents. I understand full well that Independents decide Presidential elections. I think many Libertarians are on the same page as the present day Tea Party crowd. So, I don't think that that anyone is dismissing Libertarians. My opinion is Paul foreign policy disqualifies him for President.

Talking about WW11 and whether or not we should have went to war because of WMD is water under the bridge. I asked Tecate what his answers are to right the ship of the economic and debt ridden mess we are in but received no answer. I guess he would rather look backwards rather than give us a plan to right the course that this country is headed.

The Tea Party is composed of disgruntled Repubs/Independents/Libertarians/ Democrats and Seniors. I happen to be a disgruntled Repub. who has moved away from the party to the camp of Independents. I understand full well that Independents decide Presidential elections. I think many Libertarians are on the same page as the present day Tea Party crowd. So, I don't think that that anyone is dismissing Libertarians. My opinion is Paul foreign policy disqualifies him for President.

Talking about WW11 and whether or not we should have went to war because of WMD is water under the bridge. I asked Tecate what his answers are to right the ship of the economic and debt ridden mess we are in but received no answer. I guess he would rather look backwards rather than give us a plan to right the course that this country is headed.
    I'm not dodging you, just kinda busy at work (yes, I work the night shift 7PM-7AM) tonight. I don't have a lot of time to hammer out long articulate posts at the moment.

I promise to come back to this when I have a chance.

Alright here goes...

1) Pass Ron Paul's bill HR 1207 to audit the federal reserve

2) Arrest Bernanke, Paulson, Geithner, Greenspan, et al.

3) Bring back the Glass-Stegal Act

4) Shut down the zombie banks that just stole $28.7 trillion from the US taxpayers ($50+ trillion world wide)

5) End "too big to fail" today and suffer through the consequences. Keeping these phony bubbles inflated instead of going through a real and very needed collapse only prolongs the agony for another time.

Banned
    Alright here goes...

1) Pass Ron Paul's bill HR 1207 to audit the federal reserve

2) Arrest Bernanke, Paulson, Geithner, Greenspan, et al.

3) Bring back the Glass-Stegal Act

4) Shut down the zombie banks that just stole $28.7 trillion from the US taxpayers ($50+ trillion world wide)

5) End "too big to fail" today and suffer through the consequences. Keeping these phony bubbles inflated instead of going through a real and very needed collapse only prolongs the agony for another time.
    What good would #1 & #2 do to reduce debt, create jobs and cut government spending.

#3 Great idea

#4 What zombie banks are you speaking of. France/ Germany, etc got around 30 billion (not trillions). The feds refused to give Congress the exact amount.

#5 I would vote for that.

You still not have addressed how you would create jobs, deal with a 107 Trillion dollar unfunded liability of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid plus a Trillion plus dollar decifit as far as the eye can see.

Palin has part of the answer and that is to drill everywhere which would create hundreds of thousands of jobs and Trillions into the treasury. Name me another source of revenue that would even come close without subsidies?.... surely will not be green energy.

Brother you are SPOT on. Keep up the fire.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over