Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You still not have addressed how you would create jobs, deal with a 107 Trillion dollar unfunded liability of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid plus a Trillion plus dollar decifit as far as the eye can see.
    You could stop the bleeding by leaving Afghanistan and Iraq. I'ts been a hugely expensive venture swatting flys with a sledgehammer and as was already stated for the Trillions of dollars spent we still don't even have a hard southern border.

Ike warned us of the Military Industrial Complex. Some were listening.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    You could stop the bleeding by leaving Afghanistan and Iraq. I'ts been a hugely expensive venture swatting flys with a sledgehammer and as was already stated for the Trillions of dollars spent we still don't even have a hard southern border.

Ike warned us of the Military Industrial Complex. Some were listening.
    Right because withdrawing precipitously will have no consequences whatever . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Right because withdrawing precipitously will have no consequences whatever . . . .
    Don't we have to come home and re-arm and re-fit before we go to war with Iran on behalf of Israel? What's that price tag? Nothing is too hard for the man who doesn't have to do it.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

Banned
    Don't we have to come home and re-arm and re-fit before we go to war with Iran on behalf of Israel? What's that price tag? Nothing is too hard for the man who doesn't have to do it.
    You have rocks in your head if you think that Obama is going to war with Iran. However, you will get your wish about withdrawl of troops after 2010 election. Gotta pay for those bail outs, TARP, health care and all the debt Obummer has racked up.

BTW, Dr Nut is part of Nutter name for your info. It is not something I originated. So your accusation of name calling is rather lame. You and Tecate need to grow a thicker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You have rocks in your head if you think that Obama is going to war with Iran.
    Read again...my concern are the GOPs continual calls for intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    So what are the consequences?

Any worse than than the possibility of economic meltdown if the ventures continue?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    So what are the consequences?

Any worse than than the possibility of economic meltdown if the ventures continue?
    The death of tens to hundreds of thousands of innocents because we left a weak and ill prepared military and government to deal with a well trained and battle hardened insurgency. To me that's worth the $100 billion or so a year we're spending on the venture.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The death of tens to hundreds of thousands of innocents because we left a weak and ill prepared military and government to deal with a well trained and battle hardened insurgency. To me that's worth the $100 billion or so a year we're spending on the venture.

Right...but I'm wondering if that $100 billion might stave off the tens of millions here that might die or suffer when the dollar crashes. Which is coming by the way.

I dont' give two pisses for the Iraqis or Afghanis. 8 years of us teaching them police tactics and military training and giving them U.S. military goodies isn't going to make them Thomas Jeffersons......Just better terrorists.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    8 years of us teaching them police tactics and military training and giving them U.S. military goodies isn't going to make them Thomas Jeffersons......Just better terrorists.
    +1

Banned
    Read again...my concern are the GOPs continual calls for intervention.
    I am all for getting the f. out of there. We should destroy the poppy crop and leave. The government is corrupt and we should never fight or enter a war we can not win in 4 or less years. 8 years of spilling American blood over there pisses me off. The money is immaterial. Screw all these police actions. Threaten to use nukes which would get this shit over with in a heartbeat.