Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The death of tens to hundreds of thousands of innocents because we left a weak and ill prepared military and government to deal with a well trained and battle hardened insurgency. To me that's worth the $100 billion or so a year we're spending on the venture.
    Just out of curiosity, how did the Afgans kick the Russians ass if they were so weak and ill prepared? Not understanding that logic.

The loss of American lives is not worth saving this corrupt shit hole country.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how did the Afgans kick the Russians ass if they were so weak and ill prepared? Not understanding that logic.

The loss of American lives is not worth saving this corrupt shit hole country.
    +1
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I am all for getting the f. out of there. We should destroy the poppy crop and leave.
    What the heck do you care about their poppy crop?

FYI - I wasted six months of my life I can't get back fighting the "war on drugs" in Central America. As nebulous and unending as 'the war on terror'

The government is corrupt and we should never fight or enter a war we can not win in 4 or less years. 8 years of spilling American blood over there pisses me off. The money is immaterial. Screw all these police actions. Threaten to use nukes which would get this shit over with in a heartbeat.
    It's long past time for Iraqi and Afghan men to start fighting for and bleeding for their own freedom and self determination. The money is material because it is my childrens and grand childrens debt. That money that they will have to repay could be used to secure their future.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    It's long past time for Iraqi and Afghan men to start fighting for and bleeding for their own freedom and self determination. The money is material because it is my childrens and grand childrens debt. That money that they will have to repay could be used to secure their future.

It's long past time for a number of nations to do that. S.Korea, and Germany for starters comes to mind.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    What the heck do you care about their poppy crop?

FYI - I wasted six months of my life I can't get back fighting the "war on drugs" in Central America. As nebulous and unending as 'the war on terror'

I care about the poppy field because I have a stepson who died from an overdose and another who is a drug addict. So, I don't need any of your stupid remarks about the war on drugs. You got paid for those 6 months in Central America? Correct.

My point about the money that we spent on the war needs clarification. Lives can NOT be replaced; money can. Plus, the amount of money spent on the war is a drop in the bucket compared to entitlement programs. 107 Trillions dollars of unfunded liabilities for Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

I care about the poppy field because I have a stepson who died from an overdose and another who is a drug addict. So, I don't need any of your stupid remarks about the war on drugs. You got paid for those 6 months in Central America? Correct.
    Yeah I got paid by the Tax Payers of the US to crater runways in the middle of the jungles. And the Indians got paid by the Drug Lords to go out at night and fill in the carters with shovels...and all the while the Army of ants continued to move the product north to the consumers.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

Banned

My point about the money that we spent on the war needs clarification. Lives can NOT be replaced; money can. Plus, the amount of money spent on the war is a drop in the bucket compared to entitlement programs. 107 Trillions dollars of unfunded liabilities for Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
    What about all the beer and liquor companies? There's millions of alcoholics out there. What about pharmaceutical companes? There's tons of pill poppers out there.
    Should we ban every thing that has a potential to be addictive or simply punish those who do abuse such substances and break the law while doing so?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    What about all the beer and liquor companies? There's millions of alcoholics out there. What about pharmaceutical companes? There's tons of pill poppers out there.
    Should we ban every thing that has a potential to be addictive or simply punish those who do abuse such substances and break the law while doing so?
    Would society and families be better off if alcholol or drugs did not exist? Not advocating a ban on those items that are legal; just curious. If you believe in Heaven, do you think St Peter is going to offer you a Black Jack and Coke when going thru the Pearly Gates?

Would society and families be better off if alcholol or drugs did not exist? Not advocating a ban on those items that are legal; just curious. If you believe in Heaven, do you think St Peter is going to offer you a Black Jack and Coke when going thru the Pearly Gates?
    Do you think Saint Peter eats bacon?

Do you think Saint Peter eats bacon?