Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 SRLC 2010 Straw Poll 
    Hollered from the rooftops in both Liberal disdain and Republican kudos is the victory Mitt Romney garnered in the straw poll traditionally conducted at the 2010 Southern Republican Leadership Conference.

What has been overlooked by the Republican 'machine' and of course the MSM is how much he won by and who he edged out by a single vote. The Republican Party ignores this stifled message at its own peril IMHO.

SRLC 2010 Straw Poll Results

If the primary election for president were held today, for whom would you vote? Please check the box by the candidate of your choice.

Newt Gingrich 18%
    Mike Huckabee 4%
    Gary Johnson 1%
    Sarah Palin 18%
    Ron Paul 24% (438 votes)
    Tim Pawlenty 3%
    Mike Pence 3%
    Mitt Romney 24% (439 votes)
    Rick Santorum 2%
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Hollered from the rooftops in both Liberal disdain and Republican kudos is the victory Mitt Romney garnered in the straw poll traditionally conducted at the 2010 Southern Republican Leadership Conference.

What has been overlooked by the Republican 'machine' and of course the MSM is how much he won by and who he edged out by a single vote. The Republican Party ignores this stifled message at its own peril IMHO.
    I'm glad the primary wasn't held today then!

Mitt Romney? Hell no. As for Paul, I think 217 or so Ron Paul clones in the House will do this nation more good than putting one Paul in the White House, but over Romney, my vote goes to Paul.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Banned
    Not not but hell no to RINO Romney, and Dr Nuts is not even in the running.

Sarah Palin all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Not not but hell no to RINO Romney, and Dr Nuts is not even in the running.

Sarah Palin all the way!
    I've got a feeling if Palin gets the nomination she'll get slaughtered in a general. I'd vote for her, but her image is very polarizing, and it's my opinion that a lot of independents will be put off by that after the polarizing effects of the end of Bush's second term and Obama's term. I fear we will have 4 more years of Obama is Romney, Paul, or Palin is nominated. It won't matter to me so long as we have and can hold the House and Senate, but I certainly don't prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I agree. The small government, libertarian wing of the party has proven that it can mobilize campaigns, raise money, and even create media buzz. Maybe not enough to win the White House, but certainly enough to win senatorial and maybe even some congressional races. If the Republican Party continues to thumb their nose at this element, presumably over foreign policy, instead of trying to include them in the discussion, that's a whole lot of support that is going to waste.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I've got a feeling if Palin gets the nomination she'll get slaughtered in a general. I'd vote for her, but her image is very polarizing, and it's my opinion that a lot of independents will be put off by that after the polarizing effects of the end of Bush's second term and Obama's term. I fear we will have 4 more years of Obama is Romney, Paul, or Palin is nominated. It won't matter to me so long as we have and can hold the House and Senate, but I certainly don't prefer it.

You do not actually think that the media/ left wingers and the Democratic machine will not smear whomever the Repubs nominate. I don't think they can smear Palin anymore. In fact, her numbers are rising.

Here is why I think she can win. The unemployment rate will be between 8- 9%. No candidate can survive those bad job numbers unless Obummer can get a bill thru Congress giving all illegals the right to vote. The young voters between 19 to 26 are unemployed to the tune of 20%. Young uns without jobs will not be on his band wagon this time. Seniors like myself would not vote for this POS because of the Health Care Bill. Taxes are going to go up. Spending is going out of sight. Put all of this together and I don't think the O has a Chinaman's chance at a second term. A declaration of war would be his only hope.

I'm sorry, but Sarah Palin is not Presidential material.

That "aw shucks" act of hers just doesn't deliver the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I'm sorry, but Sarah Palin is not Presidential material.

That "aw shucks" act of hers just doesn't deliver the goods.
    I would vote for her daughter right now!

I agree. Whoever theGOP puts forth, the DIMWIToRATS will attack. They have proven that nothing is beneath them. Why not support the best candidate FOR US rather than worry about who is polarizing? I expect the DIMS to oppose the best candidates with the most vehemence. We should embrace THAT candidate.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I agree. Whoever theGOP puts forth, the DIMWIToRATS will attack. They have proven that nothing is beneath them. Why not support the best candidate FOR US rather than worry about who is polarizing? I expect the DIMS to oppose the best candidates with the most vehemence. We should embrace THAT candidate.
    That is pretty much the size of it.