Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    A couple of points;

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    1. Name me a Governor that has reduced the size of their state government and sent the citizens a refund.
    She might have reduced the size of the Alaskan government but wedding that to the idea that the peoplenetted a tax refund in the form of the Permanent Fund Dividend just isn't honest. They are completely different unrelated State programs.

3. Knows more about energy than any Congress critter or Governor
    I'll give you that she knows as much about ONE narrowly defined sector of energy production as many others. If we are going to be Conservatives then how about we work on creating efficency and diversity rather than monolithic mass consumption?

4. Has single handly promoted the natural gas pipeline from AK to the US. which when completed will bring much needed energy
    The NGP from Alaska's North Slope to the lower 48 has been planned LONG before Sarah Palin was even a politician. She's taking credit for the work of others who bnroke that ground long ago.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Many libertarians are in the Tea Party camp. They may not like several policies of the Repubs but they are not going to stay home and give Obama a second term. In other words, the Repubs are a little closer to their views. As a right winger, I voted for McCain. If Palin had not been on the ticket it would have been much harder to vote for him. BTW, I think Palin is a hell of a lot closer to Libertarian views on the economy than any of those turkeys in Congress.
    So you're saying that like Evangelicals the Libertarians must sell out their firmly held principles so that Obama doesn't get re-elected? Repulicans have counted on the fact that; "where else are they going to go in a two party system" for FAR too long.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

1. Name me a Governor that has reduced the size of their state government and sent the citizens a refund.
    2. Weeded out corruption and sent a couple of Repubs politicians to prison
    3. Knows more about energy than any Congress critter or Governor
    4. Has single handly promoted the natural gas pipeline from AK to the US. which when completed will bring much needed energy
    5. Name me another Gov. that has sold the state airplane
    6. Forced EXXON to drill on leases that they have been sitting on for many years. Took them to court and won.
    7. Can and does energize conservatives/ Repubs/Seniors and Independents (Tea Party) like no one else can.

In conclusion, I believe she would fight with all her might to reverse the spending, cut agencies and waste, cut taxes and restore this country to what it should be. The rest of the panty waisted Repubs would give lip service and become a Bush lite. For example, when he announced drilling off the FL coast, the Democ./press and Env. gave him too much heat so he just crawled back into his hole. The energy crises is not only a foreign policy issue but a financial one. We are the best in the world at finding and discovering oil. That is part of the ticket out of the mess we are in.

I have given you her qualifications. Now let's see if anyone can match them with their Repub nominee.
    Tim Pawlenty

1. During his two terms as Governor of Minnesota, he has used innovative and conservative leadership to balance the state’s budget, cut spending, reform health care and improve schools without raising taxes.

2. Under his leadership, Minnesota has nation-leading health care, the highest school test scores, and a leading economy.

3. He worked while attending the University of Minnesota, becoming the first in his family to graduate from college. He went on to earn his law degree and become a criminal prosecutor.

4. He was elected to the local city council in 1989 and to the state House of Representatives three years later. In the state House, he quickly rose to become the Republican majority leader, and led efforts to enact the largest tax cuts in Minnesota history.

5. After being elected governor in 2002, Tim kept his campaign promise and balanced the budget every year without raising taxes. In fact, he cut taxes by nearly $800 million, moving Minnesota out of the top 10 highest taxed states – a goal of every Minnesota governor for over 30 years.

6. While keeping a lid on taxes, he has championed innovative education and health care reforms that are national models. A firm believer in the power of competition, his health care reforms made price and quality more transparent for patients, moving the health care system towards paying for and achieving better health care outcomes.

7. To make sure Minnesota school children are prepared for the modern economy, his education reforms hold teachers accountable, rewarding the best with a groundbreaking performance-pay system.

8. He didn't quit. ;)

Look, I like Sarah Palin and think she is very good for the conservative movement in America. Could she be the POTUS? I think she could. Is she the best choice and does she have a good shot at winning? I do not think so.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I'm sorry, but Sarah Palin is not Presidential material.

That "aw shucks" act of hers just doesn't deliver the goods.
    +1

If this is representative of the best we have then we are all in trouble.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I agree. Whoever theGOP puts forth, the DIMWIToRATS will attack. They have proven that nothing is beneath them. Why not support the best candidate FOR US rather than worry about who is polarizing? I expect the DIMS to oppose the best candidates with the most vehemence. We should embrace THAT candidate.
    Better be careful who gets the nod. If it's somoene like Romney, then there's really no difference. Remember Obama care is the brain child of Romney's Mass health plan.

Might as well let Obama win. That way at least if and when the economy goes to complete and utter hell, you can blame him.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    A couple of points;

She might have reduced the size of the Alaskan government but wedding that to the idea that the peoplenetted a tax refund in the form of the Permanent Fund Dividend just isn't honest. They are completely different unrelated State programs.

I'll give you that she knows as much about ONE narrowly defined sector of energy production as many others. If we are going to be Conservatives then how about we work on creating efficency and diversity rather than monolithic mass consumption?

The NGP from Alaska's North Slope to the lower 48 has been planned LONG before Sarah Palin was even a politician. She's taking credit for the work of others who bnroke that ground long ago.
    Wow, you nitpcik 2 out of my 7 points and have no response to what Congress critter has better qualifications. BTW, learn how to read. I said she single handly PROMOTED the AK pipeline.

What is this efficency and diversity rather than monolithic mass consumption of energy you speak of. You mean Ethanol which takes almost as much oil to produce and is a heavy polluter. Uses a food source to make this crap and imposes a import tax on it from Brazil cause they can make it much cheaper by using sugar cane instead of corn. Or wind power where 80% of the $1.7 billion that was supposed to create jobs in this country was farmed out to foreign firms. The billion or two that Pickens invested did not work out too good for him did it. Or how about the train in CA that will be built by a foreign company and they will even finance it for us. What a deal; these green jobs are causing those dollar bills to fly right out of this country and creating no or few frigging jobs at the same.

FYI, natural gas is the cheapest and cleanest form of energy. So why does the Federal government piss our money away to heavly subsidize these greenie bondoggles rather than promote natural gas. Oh, that's right. It is a fossil fuel so it is evil, and we need to tax the shit out of it. If Obama has his way, he will just nationalize the oil companies after the gasoline taxes he imposes; that will get us on par with $6 a gallon gasoline like in the EU.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Tim Pawlenty

1. During his two terms as Governor of Minnesota, he has used innovative and conservative leadership to balance the state’s budget, cut spending, reform health care and improve schools without raising taxes.

2. Under his leadership, Minnesota has nation-leading health care, the highest school test scores, and a leading economy.

3. He worked while attending the University of Minnesota, becoming the first in his family to graduate from college. He went on to earn his law degree and become a criminal prosecutor.

4. He was elected to the local city council in 1989 and to the state House of Representatives three years later. In the state House, he quickly rose to become the Republican majority leader, and led efforts to enact the largest tax cuts in Minnesota history.

5. After being elected governor in 2002, Tim kept his campaign promise and balanced the budget every year without raising taxes. In fact, he cut taxes by nearly $800 million, moving Minnesota out of the top 10 highest taxed states – a goal of every Minnesota governor for over 30 years.

6. While keeping a lid on taxes, he has championed innovative education and health care reforms that are national models. A firm believer in the power of competition, his health care reforms made price and quality more transparent for patients, moving the health care system towards paying for and achieving better health care outcomes.

7. To make sure Minnesota school children are prepared for the modern economy, his education reforms hold teachers accountable, rewarding the best with a groundbreaking performance-pay system.

8. He didn't quit. ;)

Look, I like Sarah Palin and think she is very good for the conservative movement in America. Could she be the POTUS? I think she could. Is she the best choice and does she have a good shot at winning? I do not think so.
    I am not that familiar with Pawlenty's record. Sounds like he has the same conservative economic values as Palin. BTW, if he is elected President, won't he have to QUIT his job as Governor?. Plus, did not the voters elect him to fulfill that obligation? So, I can brand him a quitter also.

I think Palin can trounce Obama in a debate and win the Presidency. I am not so sure Pawlenty can. One thing is for sure if we get another wimp that will not attack Obama like a junk yard dog on his policies and the damage he is doing to this country, we will in all likelihood hand Obama a second term. I want to see the debates between the top candidates; may the top dog win. No Romney though.

Wow, you nitpcik 2 out of my 7 points and have no response to what Congress critter has better qualifications. BTW, learn how to read. I said she single handly PROMOTED the AK pipeline.
    So she's a great promoter? That's it? She could be replaced by an ad agency.

What is this efficency and diversity rather than monolithic mass consumption of energy you speak of. You mean Ethanol which takes almost as much oil to produce and is a heavy polluter. Uses a food source to make this crap and imposes a import tax on it from Brazil cause they can make it much cheaper by using sugar cane instead of corn. Or wind power where 80% of the $1.7 billion that was supposed to create jobs in this country was farmed out to foreign firms. The billion or two that Pickens invested did not work out too good for him did it. Or how about the train in CA that will be built by a foreign company and they will even finance it for us. What a deal; these green jobs are causing those dollar bills to fly right out of this country and creating no or few frigging jobs at the same.
    Why can't the GOP keep those jobs here and create true green jobs? We put a man on the moon, but can't build a car that gets any better mileage than we have now. What about real alternatives that get us OFF of foriegn oil? Isn't that REAL national security? Why isn't THIS part of the GOP message? Do you think the Dems invented Ethanol? Who do you think that was?

FYI, natural gas is the cheapest and cleanest form of energy. So why does the Federal government piss our money away to heavly subsidize these greenie bondoggles rather than promote natural gas. Oh, that's right. It is a fossil fuel so it is evil, and we need to tax the shit out of it. If Obama has his way, he will just nationalize the oil companies after the gasoline taxes he imposes; that will get us on par with $6 a gallon gasoline like in the EU.
    Where do you live that getting natural gas is a problem or that it is prohibtively expensive. Where I live many have trucks powered by natural gas.
    Last edited by M21; 04-13-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    +1

If this is representative of the best we have then we are all in trouble.
    Opinions are like assholes too.

We are already in deep shit with 7 months to go before the Nov elections and over 2 years left on the Magic Negro's term.

Opinions are like assholes too.

We are already in deep shit with 7 months to go before the Nov elections and over 2 years left on the Magic Negro's term.
    So your prescription is to get us in deeper shit?