Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Milton Freidman Owns Spolied Stanford Lefties 
    Just to show you that liberalism on college campuses isn't anything new, here is a part of a Q&A Milt Friedman did at Stanford University in 1978. This little spoiled idealist, condescendingly, asks the brilliant Friedman "How free are the poor, how free are the unemployed, how free are the people who are disadvantaged? What is government's role?" Friedman proceeds to tear him and everyone else a new one. Pay attention to when some moron yells out "Have you ever been poor?" Friedman shuts him right up. Here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rls8H...layer_embedded

*-I'm well aware of the typo in the title.
    Last edited by ralph wiggum; 04-13-2010 at 12:50 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Milton is teh awsum!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Much of what he has said here has been disproved by modern study - welfare recipients and their children, for instance, tend to be better off economically overall, than those who never take advantage of the program. So its quite the opposite of a 'poverty engine'.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Much of what he has said here has been disproved by modern study - welfare recipients and their children, for instance, tend to be better off economically overall, than those who never take advantage of the program. So its quite the opposite of a 'poverty engine'.
    You are so naive it's sad. It really is.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You are so naive it's sad. It really is.
    Its hard to let go of a dogma, I know - but an honest person has to do it here . Friedman was wrong.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Fixed your thread title, NJCardFan.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

God I wish that man was still with us today. :(
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Its hard to let go of a dogma, I know - but an honest person has to do it here . Friedman was wrong.

You are deranged. EVERYTHING that man predicted would be the result of growing government happened EXACTLY as he predicted it would. Snap out of it, meathead.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Oh yes! You are such an HONEST MAN, so honest you provided the.....ummm.....uhhhh....

Where's the link to your "proof"?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

There is so much ignorance in this statement that I do not know where to begin.

Taken strictly as stated, perhaps - (although I would like to see the studies as I suspect they are poorly constructed -as they run contrary to just about every single respected study out there), but it ignores so much and the implication you are trying to make is just a load of hogwash.

Milton was 100% correct in every single statement he made.