Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 The downside of 'friends with benefits' 
    (CNN) -- When Jennifer Nicholas sees television shows or movies where characters "hook up" or have sex with "friends with benefits," she cringes, because that's how she got herpes.

"Getting an STD wasn't even something that crossed my mind," said Nicholas, 39, who learned that she had herpes at age 22. "One day I'm at the doctor's office and it was, 'Surprise! You've got herpes.' "
    MORE

Not really shocking news but the 1 in 4 ratios are pretty scary to us single guys that "date" more then 4 girls a year.... :eek::)

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    MORE

Not really shocking news but the 1 in 4 ratios are pretty scary to us single guys that "date" more then 4 girls a year.... :eek::)
    The 17th law of the Universe: "Ya wanna play, ya gotta pay."

The 18th law of the Universe: "Ya bought the ticket. Now ya gotta take the ride."

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Getting a disease is pretty awful (especially for women) but the emotional carnage that these hook-ups cause a lot of women is even worse.

I've known too many women who wasted a huge amount of time partying and sleeping around for years and years. Then they suddenly want the whole husband/child/house thing. Unfortunately, the kind of guys they consider suitable are already involved. Worse yet, if a suitable guy isn't attached but he has known the woman for any length of time, he's less likely to consider her suitable. There are party girls and there are potential spouses but there isn't always a lot of overlap there. :(

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've known too many women who wasted a huge amount of time partying and sleeping around for years and years. Then they suddenly want the whole husband/child/house thing. Unfortunately, the kind of guys they consider suitable are already involved. Worse yet, if a suitable guy isn't attached but he has known the woman for any length of time, he's less likely to consider her suitable. There are party girls and there are potential spouses but there isn't always a lot of overlap there. :(
    Hey, how did you happen to meet a bunch of my female friends? :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Getting a disease is pretty awful (especially for women) but the emotional carnage that these hook-ups cause a lot of women is even worse.

One of my coworkers finds herself in that position all the time.

6. #6 Go 
    STD's are like peanut butter. Not much good if you don't spread it around.
    ________
    Buy herbalaire
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 07:11 PM.

There are party girls and there are potential spouses but there isn't always a lot of overlap there. :(
    Ditto for the man crop too.

I never slept around, because if I ever got even close my mother's face would appear in a little grey cloud above me with that 'look' and put a damper on everything.
    I always thought I had to marry my victims first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post

I never slept around, because if I ever got even close my mother's face would appear in a little grey cloud above me with that 'look' and put a damper on everything.
    Is there something I should know...:eek:

:p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Almost all the females out here are the party type... Three are interested, I however, am not. All three have reputations of being doorknobs....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post

My mom is crazy about a lot of things, but she gave me pretty good advice about sleeping with men outside of marriage. She told me "every man wants to marry a virgin, but none wants to leave any virgins behind in their past".

She went one further and told me that my dad married her because she was the first girl to say no to him. That was information that I really didn't need to know when I was 13 or 14.