Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sonnabend
    I know I've debunked this idea many times over by now, and I know you have had to have read at least one of them - so you are knowingly spreading false information again? We dwarf the CO2 output of volcanoes, every year, by several orders of magnitude - even during eruptions.
    Debunked what? The air is so bad that planes HERE are grounded. Knowingly spread false information? Like when Jones lied and twisted and avoided FOI requests?

AGW is false.

Full stop.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Debunked what? The air is so bad that planes HERE are grounded.
    So planes are grounded, therefore the volcanic CO2 dwarfs human emissions for a year, in just one day? I think there is a flaw in your reasoning, but I doubt you can be made to understand where it is. Stupid.

AGW is false.

Full stop.
    Well, then you must be right, since you added "Full stop" to the end of your baseless assertion. I'm sure the words also carried quite a forceful connotation when you thunk them! That changes everything! ;)

I find it hysterical that we are told to "lower our carbon emissions"..and the Greenies cant or wont explain how they will explain away or blame us for a volcano that spews more pollution in a DAY, than a city makes in a YEAR.

What are they gonna do..ask the volcano to pay "carbon offsets"?
    The big differance here is that most of the gasses expelled by volcanic activity block the incoming wavelengths, while things like CO2 block the outgoing wave lengths. Volcano's are more an equalizer then a contributor.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Sonnabend
    So planes are grounded, therefore the volcanic CO2 dwarfs human emissions for a year, in just one day? I think there is a flaw in your reasoning, but I doubt you can be made to understand where it is. Stupid.
    I cant remember the last time all planes were grounded here because Los Angeles exceeded its carbon emission quota. pity you cant sell carbon offsets.

Fabulous Poster
    Debunked what? The air is so bad that planes HERE are grounded. Knowingly spread false information? Like when Jones lied and twisted and avoided FOI requests?

AGW is false.

Full stop.
    You total moron. Look around you. Cold winters, hot summers, snow, rain, sleet, hail, and waves, don't forget waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You total moron. Look around you. Cold winters, hot summers, snow, rain, sleet, hail, and waves, don't forget waves.
    Classic! Novaheart calling someone a moron!

I cant remember the last time all planes were grounded here because Los Angeles exceeded its carbon emission quota. pity you cant sell carbon offsets.
    First off, ash is not a greenhouse gas. The released gasses have no effect on the aircraft. The ash clogging aircraft engines is what makes them fall out of the sky. Because this happened in the busiest global path for air traffic, we've got 17,000 grounded flights. No other reason. Had this happened in Africa, you probably wouldn't have heard about it.

Secondly read my above post. The sulfates released by volcanoes block incoming rays not outgoing rays. That is why massive volcanic eruptions cause global cooling.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

It's all bullshit. The earth will be here long after we are gone and the sun will continue to rise and set. When I can get a 100% accurate weather report for the following day I will worry when they start whining about climate change either way. Nobody believes this crap it is a scam to raise taxes and redistribute wealth by the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It's all bullshit. The earth will be here long after we are gone and the sun will continue to rise and set. When I can get a 100% accurate weather report for the following day I will worry when they start whining about climate change either way. Nobody believes this crap it is a scam to raise taxes and redistribute wealth by the left.
    Careful what you wish for Rock, cause I can do that forecast for you if I were so inclined. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Careful what you wish for Rock, cause I can do that forecast for you if I were so inclined. ;)
    I have been getting absolutely crappie forecasts around here lately. I might take you up on it. They said I had a 50% chance of rain later this afternoon and evening and I got pored on by a cell that caught them totally by surprise at ten this morning! It is lucky i wasn't pouring concrete this morning like i had planned.