Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Pray tell, where is there any HATRED in this article? Anyone that thinks so is a little goofy!
    In the title... :D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

All now-16 of Khrushchevs's posts so far implore the signing of Kumbya.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    In the title... :D
    Which makes absolutely no sense nor does Krusch. post

Which makes absolutely no sense nor does Krusch. post
    Then the problem is not with KS but with the guy who wrote the article. I happen to agree with him (KS). I don't see the need for hate to be considered mainstream response to bad government. My ethics and beliefs demand of me not to hate any one or anything (other than what is offensive to God) but to work as a non-violent agent of change. If that is a kin to singing 'Kumbaya' as Kay puts it then so be it. I take seriously Jesus' command to no return evil with evil.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Gator, some of us were born to be among the benevolent faithful,
    and some to be St. Michaels weilding the sword. ;)

I don't advocate returning evil with evil....I advocate crushing and eliminating it.
    To do that, you can't be a wishy-washing fence sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Gator, some of us were born to be among the benevolent faithful,
    and some to be St. Michaels weilding the sword. ;)

I don't advocate returning evil with evil....I advocate crushing and eliminating it.
    To do that, you can't be a wishy-washing fence sitter.
    I think that Christ changed that for us and wants us to behave in a Christ-like manner where evil is concerned, but that is my interpretation and I've been told that my views are extreme by today's standards. I believe that it is God who will eliminate evil and my job as Christian is to hold on to Christ and his teachings. When I look at the examples that were set for us by Jesus and the Apostles and the martyrs I see that they never lifted a hand to the violent, not to defend themselves or others. They accepted the punishment that men of violence dealt out to them whether it was jail, torture or death. They trusted in and relied on their salvation and faith to get them through trouble. What is dying to one who is destined for live in the next world anyways? At least that is how the early Christians looked at things and that is the attitude that I have been trying to adopt over the last few years. God's job is to crush "vengence is mine says the Lord" my job is to forgive and endure.

C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Then the problem is not with KS but with the guy who wrote the article. I happen to agree with him (KS). I don't see the need for hate to be considered mainstream response to bad government. My ethics and beliefs demand of me not to hate any one or anything (other than what is offensive to God) but to work as a non-violent agent of change. If that is a kin to singing 'Kumbaya' as Kay puts it then so be it. I take seriously Jesus' command to no return evil with evil.
    I am so thrilled that you can look into your crystal ball and interprit KS narrow minded meaning of hate. So, I will just have to disagree with you on that point cause from my perspective he was speaking of conservatives when using the term GUYS which implies us.

You speak of Jesus command to no return evil with evil. So, as a gun owner, you would not shoot someone that broke into your house. I would cause that's what I have the gun for. I would shoot someone that tried to burn my car up. I believe in a eye for an eye and and a tooth for a tooth. Like Kay said; when I see evil I want to crush it rather than accommodate it. I don't ever want to live like the FROGS.

I am so thrilled that you can look into your crystal ball and interprit KS narrow minded meaning of hate. So, I will just have to disagree with you on that point cause from my perspective he was speaking of conservatives when using the term GUYS which implies us.

You speak of Jesus command to no return evil with evil. So, as a gun owner, you would not shoot someone that broke into your house. I would cause that's what I have the gun for. I would shoot someone that tried to burn my car up. I believe in a eye for an eye and and a tooth for a tooth. Like Kay said; when I see evil I want to crush it rather than accommodate it. I don't ever want to live like the FROGS.
    I have a gun(s) because I like to target shoot. I find it relaxing and fun. If someone broke in my house I would give them whatever material things they asked for. Again another command from Jesus. Christ altered the whole eye for and eye thing,

You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
    Besides in old testament teaching an eye for an eye was not for individuals but for courts of law.

Anyways, I'm not asking you to walk the path that I have choosen. I'm just explaining my views. I choose to live as my Lord and creator teaches me to and I do my best to live out his commands. You are free to live any way you see fit to live. I am not criticizing you or judging you. That is between you and God.

I just think that you misunderstood what KS was saying. Perhaps I misjudged. Eventually he'll answer and we'll know.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 05-04-2010 at 03:39 PM.

C. S. Lewis

I would like to clarify one aspect of this. I would use deadly force to protect someone elses life. I have struggled with this because I believe that Christ demanded passivity from his disciples, but I also believe that Christ would want me to help those in need and since I am forgiven for all my sins past, present and future if my actions to help someone are sinful because I have killed then I believe that I am already covered. I am not using this as an excuse to sin but to allow me some leeway in actions I intend for some one elses good.

C. S. Lewis

Banned

I just think that you misunderstood what KS was saying. Perhaps I misjudged. Eventually he'll answer and we'll know.
    Why don't you send him a personal message and then we will know. I just think you misunderstood what KS was saying. I don't have crystal ball so I don't make definitive statements like you did as a general rule.