Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Why don't you send him a personal message and then we will know. I just think you misunderstood what KS was saying. I don't have crystal ball so I don't make definitive statements like you did as a general rule.

I don't mean to argue this, but the following

If you are just a little dissatisfied with the Magic Negro, you must be a liberal. BTW, the majority of conservatives do not hate him. So, I don't where you are coming off with that made up crap.
    was not a definitive statement?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't mean to argue this, but the following

was not a definitive statement?
    Sure was and a true one. Most conservatives are not haters. However, it does seem to me that you do mean to agrue the point. BTW, my statement was not second hand like yours.

Sure was and a true one. Most conservatives are not haters. However, it does seem to me that you do mean to agrue the point. BTW, my statement was not second hand like yours.
    When did having a discussion and questioning statements become an argument? You said you didn't make definitive statements and I pointed out what I thought was one and asked you about it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    When did having a discussion and questioning statements become an argument? You said you didn't make definitive statements and I pointed out what I thought was one and asked you about it.
    You are the one that first interjected the word "argument" into the conversation." I said, "I do not make definitive statements AS A RULE." Your comprehension is a little off today.

Banned
    If you are just a little dissatisfied with the Magic Negro, you must be a liberal. BTW, the majority of conservatives do not hate him. So, I don't where you are coming off with that made up crap.
    I am just a little dissatisfied to be honest. I dont see the need for an emotional overreaction (like hatred) when an executive working with an electoral mandate disagrees with me.

As for hatred itself, it never works out well. Its unprofessional, primordial and, franky, archaic. There is no excuse in a country like America for it be used as a tool for political gaiin. Have you seen the inability of the Democrats to move legislation? Healthcare took more than a year. If you think the employment of hate wont come back around when Republicans reassert themselves in power and be used against them in proportion you aren't think this out far enough.

Hate is cyclical. Great when you're the one doing the hating, but one day you'll find yourself being hated and wonder why.
    Last edited by KhrushchevsShoe; 05-04-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Banned
    I don't have crystal ball so I don't make definitive statements like you did as a general rule.
    You must be a liberal
    Hm. Not only are you incorrect in your assumption, but it sure sounds like you were definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    I am just a little dissatisfied to be honest. I dont see the need for an emotional overreaction (like hatred) when an executive working with an electoral mandate pushes his policies disagrees with me.

As for hatred itself, it never works out well. Its unprofessional, primordial and, franky, archaic. There is no excuse in a country like America for it be used as a tool for political gaiin. Have you seen the inability of the Democrats to move legislation? Healthcare took more than a year. If you think the employment of hate wont come back around when Republicans reassert themselves in power and be used against them in proportion you aren't think this out far enough.

Hate is cyclical. Great when you're the one doing the hating, but one day you'll find yourself being hated and wonder why.
    The question here is do you think conservatives hate him?

C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Sometimes it really looks that way. I mean, I just sat and watched somebody who refers to Barack Obama as The Magic Negro lose his lid about hateful rhetoric.

But the reality is probably that some Conservatives do hate Obama while most of them dont. Unfortunately, as the title of the original article suggests, as it becomes more mainstream to hate the government it will almost unquestionably result in more people going past just being dissatisfied.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I am just a little dissatisfied to be honest. I dont see the need for an emotional overreaction (like hatred) when an executive working with an electoral mandate disagrees with me.

see...that's the problem. Conservatives for the most part don't HATE Obama, just disagree with his polices and have since before he took office. On the other hand LIberals are the ones that HATED Bush and Co. as a people, not because of where they stood on the issues

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Sometimes it really looks that way. I mean, I just sat and watched somebody who refers to Barack Obama as The Magic Negro lose his lid about hateful rhetoric.

But the reality is probably that some Conservatives do hate Obama while most of them dont. Unfortunately, as the title of the original article suggests, as it becomes more mainstream to hate the government it will almost unquestionably result in more people going past just being dissatisfied.
    you realize that name was given to him by the LA Times