Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    you realize that name was given to him by the LA Times
    The Los Angeles Times officially endorsed Barack Obama as The Magic Negro? I doubt that, and even if they did it does not change the fact that it is painfully stupid and somewhat bigoted. Good luck have a serious discussion when you refer to the President of the United States as a Black Wizard.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    The Los Angeles Times officially endorsed Barack Obama as The Magic Negro? I doubt that, and even if they did it does not change the fact that it is painfully stupid and somewhat bigoted. Good luck have a serious discussion when you refer to the President of the United States as a Black Wizard.
    Here you go:
    http://articles.latimes.com/2007/mar...e-ehrenstein19

Magic Negro' returns
    March 19, 2007|David Ehrenstein, L.A.-based DAVID EHRENSTEIN writes about Hollywood and politics.

AS EVERY CARBON-BASED life form on this planet surely knows, Barack Obama, the junior Democratic senator from Illinois, is running for president. Since making his announcement, there has been no end of commentary about him in all quarters -- musing over his charisma and the prospect he offers of being the first African American to be elected to the White House.But it's clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination -- the "Magic Negro."

The Magic Negro is a figure of postmodern folk culture, coined by snarky 20th century sociologists, to explain a cultural figure who emerged in the wake of Brown vs. Board of Education. "He has no past, he simply appears one day to help the white protagonist," reads the description on Wikipedia http://en.-wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro.

Banned
    Sometimes it really looks that way. I mean, I just sat and watched somebody who refers to Barack Obama as The Magic Negro lose his lid about hateful rhetoric.

But the reality is probably that some Conservatives do hate Obama while most of them dont. Unfortunately, as the title of the original article suggests, as it becomes more mainstream to hate the government it will almost unquestionably result in more people going past just being dissatisfied.
    I did not bring up the word hate; you initially did.

What did you mean by your statement that you were a little dissatisfied with government? Sounds like a liberal to me. Are you for the health care bill, TARP, bailout 1 & 2? Also, explain what government has done that pleases you.

If you do not like Obama being called the Magic Negro, tough shit. Your buddies in the liberal media conned that phrase so get off your high horse.

FYI, the title of the article is inappropriate; it is an eye catcher for sure but does NOT represent the material in the article. You should learn how to read.

Banned
    Looks like you are wrong again. Calling him the Messiah offends me. So, you need gather up your hatred toward the liberal media.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 05-04-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Ok, so it was just one writer, not the offical newspaper policy. Thanks for answering my question.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Ok, so it was just one writer, not the offical newspaper policy. Thanks for answering my question.

But you miss the point. Rush Limbaugh and the conservatives are MOCKING the double standard when we use this term.

This jerk never got called on his racism, until Rush pointed it out, and the left wing media portrays it as if RUSH were calling Obama the magic negro.

That is simply a LIE.

As I said earlier, he was mocking the double standard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Looks like you are wrong again. Calling him the Messiah offends me. So, you need gather up your hatred toward the liberal media.
    Where did I say I was offended? I said it was juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I did not bring up the word hate; you initially did.

What did you mean by your statement that you were a little dissatisfied with government? Sounds like a liberal to me. Are you for the health care bill, TARP, bailout 1 & 2? Also, explain what government has done that pleases you.

If you do not like Obama being called the Magic Negro, tough shit. Your buddies in the liberal media conned that phrase so get off your high horse.

FYI, the title of the article is inappropriate; it is an eye catcher for sure but does NOT represent the material in the article. You should learn how to read.
    The article brought up the word hate.

I was for healthcare feform, not the monstrosity that passed though. TARP was OK, that money has to be eventually paid back. The bailouts set a bad precedent, by far the worst pieces of legislation passed during the Obama presidency.

Its not that I dont like him being called that (I admittedly dont), but if you have legitimate grievances you want people to take seriously prefacing them with a racial charged nickname for the President is not a good way to broadcast them. It desecrates the people like myself who prefer to combat the presidents policies with some respect and dignity for the office he holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    But you miss the point. Rush Limbaugh and the conservatives are MOCKING the double standard when we use this term.

This jerk never got called on his racism, until Rush pointed it out, and the left wing media portrays it as if RUSH were calling Obama the magic negro.

That is simply a LIE.

What do you expect from a guy who named himself after communist footwear?

rm -rf obama*

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    yes it was one writer, but that writer is just as responsible for the newspapers image as the paper itself is. He was also and editorial and it the editorial section that endorses a candidate.

and what ConstitutionallySpeaking says is correct. Rush used it to showcase the Lefts double standard and has said as much on MULTIPLE occasions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post

That is simply a LIE.

Its hard to for Rush Limbaugh to say the media doesn't call things out. He is a pretty big part of the media, look at the ratings.