Thread: Exercise:

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Exercise: 
    Who here exercises on a regular basis?
    What kind of exercise do you prefer?
    Do you try to incorporate a healthy diet with your exercise?
    Do you have an "exercise" addiction, ritual, habit?
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Just got back from a 3.5 mile run. I'm training up for a half marathon in May. (I run at an altitude of 8500 ft so you have to run to catch the oxygen molecules, kind of like a fish in water). I used to run but took about 6 years off due to job and physical problems. Decided the heck with it and run through the pain. Still weigh the same as when I was 30 (i"m 51 now).:o
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    I do a 3 mile run with my dog, Kato several times a week at 5 am.

On mondays wednesdays and fridays I do this:

3 X 20 pushups 20 dips 20 pullups

But in a circuit. I do 20 pushups followed by 3 minutes jumping rope followed by 20 dips then 3 minutes jump rope then the pullups followed by another 3 minutes of rope. I take no breaks between the exercises and rope until I finish a circuit. Then I rest for 2 minutes before doing the circuit two more times.

I also do punching and kicking drill on a heavy bag (usually four or five five minute rounds) and I also do some katas with my katana to keep my swordfighting skills sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I do a 3 mile run with my dog, Kato several times a week at 5 am.

On mondays wednesdays and fridays I do this:

3 X 20 pushups 20 dips 20 pullups

But in a circuit. I do 20 pushups followed by 3 minutes jumping rope followed by 20 dips then 3 minutes jump rope then the pullups followed by another 3 minutes of rope. I take no breaks between the exercises and rope until I finish a circuit. Then I rest for 2 minutes before doing the circuit two more times.

I also do punching and kicking drill on a heavy bag (usually four or five five minute rounds) and I also do some katas with my katana to keep my swordfighting skills sharp.

I just scratched "mug Speedy" off of my "to do" list.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

Running sucks, but I try to run with a buddy 2 1/2 miles twice a week. Most days we play half court basketball at lunch and full court on Sunday's

Dumbell free wieights for resistance excercises are the best IMO.

I'm trying the P90X routine and it's a butt kicker.........but it works if you can stick with it.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Running sucks, but I try to run with a buddy 2 1/2 miles twice a week. Most days we play half court basketball at lunch and full court on Sunday's

Dumbell free wieights for resistance excercises are the best IMO.

I'm trying the P90X routine and it's a butt kicker.........but it works if you can stick with it.
    I did the P90X for plyometrics training for Track and Field.
    Keep doing it. Trust me. The benefits are phenominal. I still do a lot of the exercises I learned from it.
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

I swim laps at the community center for 40-45 minutes, 5 days a week. I started exercising 3 years ago and have lost about 55 lbs/3 sizes. I'm on the verge of the 4th size down.

I was always heavy as an adult, and after a couple of injuries, I gained a little more. The injuries made exercise almost impossible-knee and leg problems. Swimming is the only exercise that doesn't make my knees and leg hurt worse, and actually makes them feel better.

I'm currently at the smallest size/lightest weight I've been since I graduated from college.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post
    I did the P90X for plyometrics training for Track and Field.
    Keep doing it. Trust me. The benefits are phenominal. I still do a lot of the exercises I learned from it.
    I do the P90X program once a year. One of the benefits they don't tell you about is that it floods your system with testosterone and it makes for some really good morning wood and twofers at night. Yvette always loved when I did this program.

I either ski (alpine touring or downhill) a few times a week or whitewater kayak a few times a week. I do both at a pretty high intensity level. That is usually enough to keep me fit. I also eat a very healthy diet.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I just scratched "mug Speedy" off of my "to do" list.
    Twice I have brought a knife to a gunfight. I got to stab my attackers a combined total of 15 times. They did not even get off one round between them. That's right, zero rounds shot off against being stabbed 15 times.