View Poll Results: Should obese people get handicapped parking permits?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 11.11%
  • No

24 88.89%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    hahahahahahaha you and me both hon.
    When did you start your "anti fat" crusade?. I demand that anybody who is this anti fat... posts RECENT pics. Or even pics from a year ago, before they started the new diet. Face down pics are acceptable! ahem.. ginger, and shannon.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    When did you start your "anti fat" crusade?. I demand that anybody who is this anti fat... posts RECENT pics. Or even pics from a year ago, before they started the new diet. Face down pics are acceptable! ahem.. ginger, and shannon.
    Did you just call me fat?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Did you just call me fat?
    I'm not sure... post a pic with your face blotted out. I might have called ginger, and Zaf fat.... I demand to see how skinny ya'all are. You can't keep touting it without proof. Hey.. just do a google on "skinny people", post it, and I would probably accept the pic as the gospel.

The big Cheese
    I didnt start any crusade.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

The big Cheese
    I'm not sure... post a pic with your face blotted out. I might have called ginger, and Zaf fat.... I demand to see how skinny ya'all are. You can't keep touting it without proof. Hey.. just do a google on "skinny people", post it, and I would probably accept the pic as the gospel.
    I dont care what you call me. I didnt start any crusade. I feel people being morbidly overwieght does not qualify them for handicap status.

I didnt start any crusade.
    I dont remember you being on the bandwagon against chubby people. And your diet!!! omg! You are so disciplined in your eating, and exercise. I never remembered you mentioning it before, which is why I thought it might be a recent thing. Of course I could be wrong.... when did you start the whole regime? No smoking either? Good on you!

I dont care what you call me. I didnt start any crusade. I feel people being morbidly overwieght does not qualify them for handicap status.
    How about smokers who bring on their handicap from smoking? On oxygen, barely able to walk... should they have the parking spaces?

I am playing devils advocate. I would not want to be the person who decides who gets those handicap tags. edited to say... my first reaction is that fat people should not get them. But if I was in charge, I would have a hard time distinguishing that group from other groups who chose poorly, and caused their disabilities.
    Last edited by Jumpy; 08-06-2008 at 07:33 PM.

The big Cheese
    I dont remember you being on the bandwagon against chubby people. And your diet!!! omg! You are so disciplined in your eating, and exercise. I never remembered you mentioning it before, which is why I thought it might be a recent thing. Of course I could be wrong.... when did you start the whole regime? No smoking either? Good on you!
    When I got discharged I had time to look at how I was eating and the lack of activity in my life. That was after I stopped moping around the house and realized I had packed on about 20 + pounds of blubber.

Been trying to eat healthy for a little while now and the hardest thing was making sure my last meal was consumed before 6pm every night so I can give myself 4 hours before I go to bed to start digestion.

I still have a cheat day and thats Saturday and man do I cheat. ;)

The big Cheese
    How about smokers who bring on their handicap from smoking? On oxygen, barely able to walk... should they have the parking spaces?

I am playing devils advocate. I would not want to be the person who decides who gets those handicap tags. edited to say... my first reaction is that fat people should not get them. But if I was in charge, I would have a hard time distinguishing that group from other groups who chose poorly, and caused their disabilities.
    I dont know how to deligate that either but I guess I just wish more people would be honest.
    I packed on flab because of poor diet and no activity.

Now I have burned it off and want to get to that next level.

When I got discharged I had time to look at how I was eating and the lack of activity in my life. That was after I stopped moping around the house and realized I had packed on about 20 + pounds of blubber.

Been trying to eat healthy for a little while now and the hardest thing was making sure my last meal was consumed before 6pm every night so I can give myself 4 hours before I go to bed to start digestion.

I still have a cheat day and thats Saturday and man do I cheat. ;)
    I edited my post.. I am jealous at how disciplined you are!! Good for you!!

I cannot imagine being in charge of handicapped tickets, and trying to decide who qualifies.

I think the system works okay, with allowing a Dr. to recommend them. Maybe they should be renewed yearly, to prevent abuse.