Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Eyelids
    Awww Elspeth, at least you responded to me. How's it feeling being a turncoat and sacrificing all of your core ideologies out of spite? You still feel OK about yourself or has the doubt started to settle in? After being a lifelong Democrat (or so I assume) are you starting to realize what you are voting for?

Or no, have you just plugged your ears and cursed Obama for somehow being sexist or "a jerk"?

-I count 4 question marks in this post. My guess is I get an answer to none of them.

Sonnabend
    Awww Elspeth, at least you responded to me. How's it feeling being a turncoat and sacrificing all of your core ideologies out of spite?
    Elspeth, I got a photo of Eyelids.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Awww Elspeth, at least you responded to me. How's it feeling being a turncoat and sacrificing all of your core ideologies out of spite? You still feel OK about yourself or has the doubt started to settle in? After being a lifelong Democrat (or so I assume) are you starting to realize what you are voting for?

Or no, have you just plugged your ears and cursed Obama for somehow being sexist or "a jerk"?

-I count 4 question marks in this post. My guess is I get an answer to none of them.
    How has she sacrificed her core beliefs voting for McCain? On a couple of issues maybe, but that was the whole beauty of nominating him, Obama has already moved to the center and McCain was already there.

John
    Okay, I'm not one to post second hand drama, but I have a story related to me from 'those on the ground'.

Obama visited our troops right? Well no, he didn't visit our troops. He visited his political goals. According to those who were there, and who are still friends of mine, Obama got off the plane, he talked to brass, he walked into a makeshift auditorium, he snapped a few pictures and he bugged out. He wouldn't even answer a single question or receive and audience.

The astute Obama supporter can claim my assessment is bullshit, and I'll call that Obama supporter a liar to their face. According to my friends still in country Obama didn't have the time of day for a run of the mill lance corporal. He was only interested in the brass and fanfare. He didn't shake hands with any men who decided to show up. He only wanted to grab a few snapshots, shun the 'killers' and get out as fast as possible. One only needs to examine his publicly available timetable from touchdown to liftoff to know I'm speaking the truth.

This asshat thinks the troops are below him, they are below his praise. He wouldn't even allow them congratulations on a job well done. For this I hate this man who claims he is a federal senator.
    Last edited by John; 08-07-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    This asshat thinks the troops are below him, they are below his praise. He wouldn't even allow them congratulations on a job well done. For this I hate this man who claims he is a federal senator.
    If I was in the military, I would not want to serve under that piece of shit. I don't know why so many Democratic politicians despise the military. Bill Clinton was another dirt bag who treated the military like a red headed step child.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    How has she sacrificed her core beliefs voting for McCain? On a couple of issues maybe, but that was the whole beauty of nominating him, Obama has already moved to the center and McCain was already there.
    Excellent point, Goldwater!

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If I was in the military, I would not want to serve under that piece of shit. I don't know why so many Democratic politicians despise the military. Bill Clinton was another dirt bag who treated the military like a red headed step child.
    I went in under Reagan...but that lasted only so many months. Unfortuntely some of us have had to server most of our duration under the last two POS.

They don't all despise the military...they just each have their vision of how it should be used.

Remember the following?

The Democrat rank and file is not nearly as appeasement oriented when their guy is in charge, as with our attack against Serbia. (Remember during Clinton's first inaugural when fighter jets flew over the Lincoln Memorial in formation and actor Ron Silver was troubled at the display of militarism until it dawned on him, "Hey, those are our planes now"?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor