Thread: Taliban Signals Willingness to Talk Peace With West

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    We must be kicking their ass pretty bad. Does a cease fire sound familiar like Korea or V.N. so that these turkey's can regroup. Just a guess. You think that destroying their poppy fields is pissing them off?

I can't believe this, but I think I agree with you. I can't imagine any reason for the Taliban to seek peace except that they want some time to regroup. On top of that, they might fear that the locals are getting too westernized and might not let them take the country back over when the coalition forces leave.

Has hell frozen over?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I can't believe this, but I think I agree with you. I can't imagine any reason for the Taliban to seek peace except that they want some time to regroup. On top of that, they might fear that the locals are getting too westernized and might not let them take the country back over when the coalition forces leave.

Has hell frozen over?
    We can not win in Afg. and anyone that thinks so is a fool. The Taliban will just wait till we leave and come back in. The poppy fields provide them too much income for them to just walk away. It is time for us to leave that shithole of a country. Eight years is enough.

Resident Grump
    I can't imagine any reason for the Taliban to seek peace except that they want some time to regroup.
    The Taliban tangled with the Aussie 1st Commando and an SAS force...and regretted it ever since.

"What this operation says . . . is that it doesn't matter where you are, we can find you and strike you."

HARD.

Obama will clear out in a NY minute. However, if there were a conservative in office, this might be his response to that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-qqbaxcWDI
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Resident Grump
    Q. How can you tell a Taliban diplomat?

A. He's out of ammo.