Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A Comparitive Study: How "We" Protest vs. How "They" Protest 
    I got this link off of Michelle Malkin's site and it's quite good and up to date. I don't know if anyone else has posted it but here it is anyway. Here are some excerpts:

OK—As some of you are aware, I recently wrote a diary titled, “Dissent is the Highest Form of Patriotism”. In this diary, I discussed how Andrew Breitbart proved that the allegations from the DNC and the MSM that the Tea Party is fueled by racism and violence is one gigantic hoax. Furthermore, I also demonstrated how the left often resorts to acts of civil disobedience, threats, name-calling, and sometimes out-right violence, when they protest or try to suppress dissent. Some examples of this behavior are threatening voters with nightsticks, throwing food at people, posting death threats to Eric Cantor and shooting up his office, calling people “Raaaaaacists!!”, “hooligans”, “The Mob”, “Nazis” and writing in the WaPo that “I want to knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads.”(links provided)
    And what a black Obama supporter had to say about the Tea Party he went to:

Brooks Alexander, a 23-year-old Olney, Md., hotel worker and Obama supporter who wore an Obama t-shirt to the evening rally, said infiltrators were being disrespectful.

“They’re doing a disservice not only to themselves, but to the people who are here trying to express their views,” said Alexander, who is African American and said he traveled to the rally to verify for himself liberal accounts blasting the tea party as racist.

“All my friends told me I was crazy to come down here in an Obama shirt,” he said. “Obviously I have political disagreements [with the tea party], but I cannot lie. I cannot say that people have been anything but nice to me. They have been shaking my hand. One guy told me I had a lot of [guts] for coming down here. I will definitely walk away from this with a new understanding of the tea party.”
    It's a good blog. With some great videos, like this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXbeq...layer_embedded
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 04-18-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

"we"
    "they"

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    "we"
    "they"
    us, them, you, me

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Interesting vid NJ, but I can even tell you what the left will say to counter, and they will have a point. The TEA party protesters are an American only group, but many if not the majority of the leftist protest videos were of European protest, nothing to do with the left here. The video would have been better if it showed only leftist protest here in the states. Yes I saw the burning homes segment, but many others had nothing to do with the states as they were Brit, or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Interesting vid NJ, but I can even tell you what the left will say to counter, and they will have a point. The TEA party protesters are an American only group, but many if not the majority of the leftist protest videos were of European protest, nothing to do with the left here. The video would have been better if it showed only leftist protest here in the states. Yes I saw the burning homes segment, but many others had nothing to do with the states as they were Brit, or other.
    That's why I'd like to see a longer vid. However, the point of the video is made. Especially considering that the left in this country wants us to be more like Europe, no?

And I see WeeWee ads his usual nothing to the conversation.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

And I see WeeWee ads his usual nothing to the conversation.
    He has pretty much run out of things to say. Soon it will just be "ugh"!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He has pretty much run out of things to say. Soon it will just be "ugh"!
    Well, I have the numbskull on ignore.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Brooks Alexander, a 23-year-old Olney, Md., hotel worker and Obama supporter who wore an Obama t-shirt to the evening rally, said infiltrators were being disrespectful.

“They’re doing a disservice not only to themselves, but to the people who are here trying to express their views,” said Alexander, who is African American and said he traveled to the rally to verify for himself liberal accounts blasting the tea party as racist.

“All my friends told me I was crazy to come down here in an Obama shirt,” he said. “Obviously I have political disagreements [with the tea party], but I cannot lie. I cannot say that people have been anything but nice to me. They have been shaking my hand. One guy told me I had a lot of [guts] for coming down here. I will definitely walk away from this with a new understanding of the tea party.”
    Obviously this guy is an Uncle Tom. (DU MODE)
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

The only defense I could give of the left in this video would be that those demonstrations were done mainly by anarchists and other far-off-the-deep-end leftists (as indicated by the black and black & red anarcho-syndicalist flags). I don't think many of the Democrats in my hometown would ever pull off that kind of stuff. However, the recent IRS building attack shows that the attempt to label this as a tea party action only to find out that it was done by a leftist certainly proves that we are starting to head in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Obviously this guy is an Uncle Tom. (DU MODE)

I hate it when white people use that term to describe any black person, whether it be Condi or Steele, or someone on the left. I lectured a white DUer (there are only a few black posters there, Mr. Scorpio being one of them) once for using it to describe Condi, who lost a friend in the bombing of that church in Birmingham in 1963 that killed 4 girls. How can you call someone a name like that? Someone who was born in the day when a group of white men could blow up a church full of black people and expect to get away with it?

It's really easy when you are a white child of privilege, born after the 60s, to call someone an "Uncle Tom" or a "Mammy" because you think they are a sell out to their race for not belonging to your political party. It's also forgetting history. The GOP was the party of civil rights until LBJ. FDR supported civil rights, but he was rare for the Democratic party of his time.