Hybrid View

1. #1 Can Someone get this to Rachel or Keith? 
    link

The Doctor. (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-19-10 04:54 PM
    Original message
    Can Someone get this to Rachel or Keith?
    I'm very busy today, barely have time to post before I have to run, but I found these nitwits 'praying' for the death of Obama on FB;

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DEAR-LORD-THIS-YEAR-YOU-T...

I wonder if KO or RM would have anything to say about these idiots.
    Obviously it's "just a joke".

Thanks!
    DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN

link
    Jane Austin (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-19-10 04:55 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Keith or Rachel?
    How about the Secret Service?
    The Doctor. (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-19-10 04:58 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    2. All of the Above.
    Seriously.

GTG.
    HipChick (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-19-10 05:02 PM
    3. Report to FB...
    And then there is this:
    jobwithout (91 posts) Mon Apr-19-10 05:18 PM
    5. You can blame
    New Jersey State Teachers Union for this. They initially issued a memo saying the same thing abolut Govenor Christie. This is where we lose credibility with the public. How wan we take the high road and say its wrong when its against our guy when we are doing it to the other side.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/educ..._Christie.html
    jasperilla (13 posts) Mon Apr-19-10 07:33 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    11. Rec'd that joke from my mother-in-law.
    I was really tempted to reply and tell her she was my "Favorite" mother-in-law.
    The Doctor. (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-19-10 09:21 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    14. Who's 'we'?
    This was a fuck-up of the teacher's union.

Question; How many DUers/Democrats supported it/thought it was a gas?

Whoever did, I'm disappointed in. While I can't say I've never had similar thoughts about certain incompetent, reckless assholes in power, I can say that expressing such thoughts is inappropriate in a civilized society.

We know which 'side' tends more towards civility, and the failure of the teacher's union can barely compare to the blind, rabid hatred we see in the anti-Obama crowd.
    Blind rabid hate as in : "We don't agree with that policy (or bill, or belief, or way of conducting business) and we won't vote for it".

They can't actually find "hate" from the conservatives as a group so they have to make up "code words" and claim disagreeing with policy is "racist" because the person whose policy it is happens to have black skin.

I wonder how they would feel if someone made a movie where Obama gets assassinated and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvwyx8Ai14U&NR=1
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 04-19-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I received that joke in February. Yes, it contained 0bama. But I've seen other variations. How is any of that a "threat"?

I don't wish harm on any politician. I just want the lib jerks voted out of office ASAP.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I received that joke in February. Yes, it contained 0bama. But I've seen other variations. How is any of that a "threat"?

I don't wish harm on any politician. I just want the lib jerks voted out of office ASAP.
    I don't think I've got it, but it reminds me of one of Michael Moore's (You know, the bloated, 800 lb. millionaire who still has the gall to lecture US on the evils of greed and overconsumption) books, there was a section in which he encouraged readers to pray that major Republican leaders all contract major diseases, on the grounds that that will supposedly lead to cures being found for them (His rationale for this was that he claims stem cell research supposedly wasn't really supported or taken seriously until after Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer's).
    What a lovely, classy, tolerant bunch the American Left are.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    I don't think I've got it, but it reminds me of one of Michael Moore's (You know, the bloated, 800 lb. millionaire who still has the gall to lecture US on the evils of greed and overconsumption) books, there was a section in which he encouraged readers to pray that major Republican leaders all contract major diseases, on the grounds that that will supposedly lead to cures being found for them (His rationale for this was that he claims stem cell research supposedly wasn't really supported or taken seriously until after Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer's).
    What a lovely, classy, tolerant bunch the American Left are.

Pat Robertson prayed for the death of liberal supreme court justices on his show, and Jerry Falwell said that God allowed 9-11 to happen to america because of it's tolerance of gays on Robertson's show, and Robertson agreed. There are kooks on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Pat Robertson prayed for the death of liberal supreme court justices on his show, and Jerry Falwell said that God allowed 9-11 to happen to america because of it's tolerance of gays on Robertson's show, and Robertson agreed. There are kooks on both sides.
    I'd be willing to bet that the right/left kook ratio would be considerably in favor of the left by a 1:10 margin.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and suggest that perhaps they were referencing a precedent in God-vs- Sodom and Gomorah.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

So this MORON can't make time to get it to Mandow or Keif, but can post it to DUmmy land? What a bunch of mongoloid B.S.