Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What a day (repuke ruins family project)... 
    link

Naturyl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-20-10 06:30 PM
    Original message
    What a day (repuke ruins family project)...

So, my wife's grandmother announces the other day that we are expected to show up at her house today to paint a gazebo. No biggie, except we're informed that my wife's intolerable Republican aunt is going to be there as well. This is a person my wife and I had decided to disassociate from some time ago, after my wife helped her and her husband through the death of their son - only for them to call the house shouting and swearing just a week after they got back for out of state, claiming I broke a lawnmower (which I didn't) and demanding $1000. Keep in mind, these are millionaires, and I'm dirt poor, not to mention I didn't even break the damn thing and they had no proof. I wanted to go to court but the wife wasn't having it.

Anyway, we knew immediately what my wife's grandmother was up to with this "painting party." It was a transparent attempt to have my wife and the Repuke aunt reconcile, and everyone (other than the grandmother) knew it wouldn't work. I could smell disaster a mile away. So we get there and the aunt has brought a boom box with her on which Rush Limbaugh is blasting away. Mmmm.... nice. Okay, fine. I'll ignore it. I won't say shit. After about an hour of the torture, I go home to get another paint brush and a scraper. I spot my "Obama '08" button and put it on, but when I get back, the wife intercepts me and tells me to take it off. I'm not to "start trouble" and I must "be civil." Okay, as if blaring fucking Rush Limbaugh in our faces (and we are all known Democrats, including the grandmother) is civil. As if that's not starting trouble, but hey... fine. Off goes the pin and my mouth remains shut.

I endure almost another two hours of it, regularly feeling as if my lunch is going to come up, especially because Auntie is adding her agreement and "you betchas" to everything El Rushbo is saying. The wife isn't feeling well and leaves. Things get worse. Auntie now feels extra empowered to get vocal, and steps up the mega-dittoes. Finally, a horrible young woman calls in and gets Rush going on the ever-popular topic of the non-working (I am on disability) and how they are thieves and leeches who ruin America, etc. I'm fucking fuming at this point, but my mouth miraculously remains shut. Auntie then proceeds to vocally agree with everything Rush and the Nazi caller are saying about the non-working - in other words, about me. That's it. Final straw. Without even realizing what I was doing, I set my brush down, turned around, and walked out of there. Walked home and told the wife I was done with it.

Wife goes back there to get the paint brush, and a predictable shouting match ensues. It ends with Auntie Repuke throwing the brush at her and the wife calling her an "elitist bitch."

So yeah, fun times in the family. Thanks to this woman's incredible selfishness and rudeness, the grandmother, who was well-intentioned, is now probably hurting worst of all. Fucking sad. Have no doubt, these people ruin everything.
    Typical intolerant liberals........
    Naturyl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-20-10 06:40 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    5. Ohhh, I ached to tell her off, believe me.

I kept my mouth shut for wife and her grandmother's sake.

I can't tell you how I would love to tell that woman and/or her husband off. I'm hoping they call us - because if they enter MY home either through the phone or in person, they will be told off with such force it will leave a crater.

And yeah, I think the grandmother now realizes reconciliation is not ever gonna happen. If it wasn't obvious before today, it is now.
    Naturyl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-20-10 06:46 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    11. I wasted another nice spring day once....

Auntie Repuke and her husband Mr. Repuke were getting back from California the next day, where their son had just died. Their cars were dirty, and not wanting them to have to come home to that after all they had been through, I spent three hours washing their vehicles.

It wasn't a week later that Mr. Repuke was on the phone cursing at me and demanding $1k for the lawnmower he decided I ruined.
    undeterred Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-20-10 06:45 PM
    Response to Original message
    9. These things are better addressed directly.

There should have been NO RADIO on so there could have been talking. It could not have worked.

I feel sick to my stomach when I hear clips of Limpballs on the progressive shows. A couple hours of him would not be possible. I have stopped doing business with people and being friends with people who listen to HATE RADIO, and that's what he is.
    B Calm Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-20-10 06:48 PM
    13. I don't understand why any of you would put up with this aunt!

Are you all hoping that you'll be in her will?
    Naturyl Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Tue Apr-20-10 06:54 PM
    Response to Reply #13
    16. Absolutely not.
    Granny-in-law puts up with her because it's her daughter. My wife and I don't put up with her, which is why we both knew this painting thing was going to be a disaster, but I was told I had to go anyway because the grandmother insisted on it.

As for being in her will, not a chance of that for any of us. I don't know where the millions will go, but it won't be to us. Maybe to Limbaugh or somebody like him. Her son, also a millionaire, recently died and didn't leave anyone but his parents a dime, not even his beloved grandmother. Or maybe he did, but since it wasn't in writing, Auntie Repuke didn't tell...
    Who calls their wife's grandmother "the grandmother"?
    Naturyl Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Tue Apr-20-10 07:17 PM
    Response to Reply #24
    25. Grandmother is the opposite of her.

Kind, generous, compassionate, patient, considerate, good-hearted, etc. Sometimes the apple does fall from from the tree.

The aunt, on the other hand, is a woman who has house packed with useless shit she buys to "save money" and she charges her mother down to the last penny for everything she picks up for her at the store, even a 48 cent soda or anything. She is absolutely money-obsessed and thinks of nothing else, except Obama-bashing. She watches nothing but Faux News and calls her poor mother daily to propagandize her with the latest nonsense they have come out with. She is a millionaire who is always the first one into the thrift store as soon as the doors open, to get the good stuff cheap before poor people snatch it up.
    HughMoran Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-20-10 07:19 PM
    26. I consider Faux & right-wing radio a personal attack on me

I start screaming at people who put it on and I won't stop until 1) I am forced to leave or 2) they comply and turn the shit off. I accuse people who listen to this violence of being mentally unstable and guilty of trying to destroy the country. This is NOT a joke - I'm really impressed that you lasted as long as you did.
    hughmoran lives up to his/her name.
    Naturyl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-20-10 07:23 PM
    Response to Reply #26
    27. I was able to stifle vomit and tolerate it, until...

Rush and his horrid caller started in on me personally, in the form of non-working people. You better believe I felt personally attacked and when Auntie Repuke started vocally supporting it, I was like "that's it. Enough." Outta there.

Really, I should have left when he was attacking everybody else, which of course was in the first 30 seconds. But I waited until it was directly on me. I was doing my best to put up with it for granny-in-law's sake, but that was just too much.

Never again, ever.
    Talk about thin skinned. When I was disabled and unable to work I didn't go into rage when someone talked about people who didn't work and should be working. I figured that if they couldn't understand that I couldn't work then it was their problem, not mine. And even more important I COULDN'T WORK, so when they talked about people that weren't working but should be, I didn't put myself into that category and figure others were judging me.
    Last edited by Carol; 04-20-2010 at 08:24 PM.

The grandmother wants to reconnect with a daughter and this project may be a way. A resentful in-law wrecks it and blames his behavior on politics. Do people really conduct their lives like this?

I've sucked it up and soldiered on for more than one family get together that teetered on the brink of disaster due to personality conflicts, politics, or money. People who know what's expected of a good host or hostess are willing to step into the breach when the real host or hostess is unwilling or unable - that's civilized behavior.

These people seem to live like children. Anybody who has read 'Lord of the Flies' knows the ending to that one.

BSR
    HughMoran Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-20-10 07:19 PM
    26. I consider Faux & right-wing radio a personal attack on me

I start screaming at people who put it on and I won't stop until 1) I am forced to leave or 2) they comply and turn the shit off. I accuse people who listen to this violence of being mentally unstable and guilty of trying to destroy the country. This is NOT a joke - I'm really impressed that you lasted as long as you did.
    You accuse people of being mentally unstable by screaming at people until they kick you out?

Holy shit you are disconnected with reality... Seek help...

Bouncy. Begins with 'So'.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I think Naturyl's wife wants her aunt ( and maybe the grandmother) to leave them something in their wills, but she must also see that her Moonbat husband ( Naturyl ) is crazy/ stupid enough to f*ck all that up.

This nitwit expects everyone to agree with him on everything and kiss his ass.

Hope his wife has enough sense to chuck him out the door one of these days before he screws up every relationship she has with her family.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'd really like to meet Mr. Moran, I'd start saying "you betcha" till his widdle head exploded. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Finally, a horrible young woman calls in and gets Rush going on the ever-popular topic of the non-working (I am on disability) and how they are thieves and leeches who ruin America, etc.
    This moron can obviously paint, why is he on disability?:eek:

LEECHES!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

It's nice to see that Hugh is such a supporter of the first amendment.

I wonder what he would tell the judge if he got locked up for acting like a deranged mental patient with out his meds?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The big Cheese
    why cant these people look past politics and remember that its FAMILY!!!

good lord.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    You accuse people of being mentally unstable by screaming at people until they kick you out?

Holy shit you are disconnected with reality... Seek help...
    Yeah, if HughMoran started doing that crap, I'd call the local mental ward ASAP. He would need to be fitted for a strait-jacket.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender