1. #1 Group Demands Pentagon Rescind Invitation to Franklin Graham 
    There is much irony in this story....

Evangelist Franklin Graham is scheduled to speak at the Pentagon on the National Day of Prayer.

But his invitation has riled up at least one group which is demanding a more "inclusive speaker" for the event on May 6.

Michael L. Weinstein of Military Religious Freedom Foundation is vehemently opposed to Graham speaking for the Pentagon's NDP event because of the evangelist's former comments on Islam being an "evil" religion and his ties to conservative Christian group the National Day of Prayer Task Force.

"Mr. Graham has never retracted or apologized for these statements, and, in fact, was still defending them as recently as December 2009 in an appearance on CNN," Weinstein wrote in a letter to Secretary of Defense Robert Gates this week.

Graham, son of famed evangelist Billy Graham, drew fire after the 2001 terrorist attacks when he called Islam "a very evil and wicked religion."

He has since clarified his remarks, saying he does not believe Muslims are evil people because of their faith. But he decried the evil that has been done in the name of Islam.

Last year, he told CNN's Campbell Brown, "I don't agree with the teachings of Islam. I find it to be a very violent religion."

His spokesman, Mark DeMoss, told The Associated Press that Graham hasn't changed his views on Islam.

Graham had been invited to speak at the Pentagon in 2003, which outraged the Muslim community. His invitation to speak at the Pentagon this year prompted some U.S. military personnel and DoD employees of the Muslim faith to contact the Military Religious Freedom Foundation for help, according to Weinstein.
    The whole story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sonnabend
    ast year, he told CNN's Campbell Brown, "I don't agree with the teachings of Islam. I find it to be a very violent religion."
    It is.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    boo hoo...another moron that can cry me a damn river

a more "inclusive speaker"
    Not a very "inclusive" or "diversity-loving" statement...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Not a very "inclusive" or "diversity-loving" statement...
    I love it when they talk of the lack of inclusion while excluding.... violation of the law of non-contradiction.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I love it when they talk of the lack of inclusion while excluding.... violation of the law of non-contradiction.
    The sad thing is that they are so totally blind to their own bigotry and hypocrisy.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    The sad thing is that they are so totally blind to their own bigotry and hypocrisy.
    Sad, yet not surprising.

C. S. Lewis

It's pretty much gotten to the point where "inclusive" is just a code word for "meaningless and empty of content".

The funny thing is he's right. Funny how they rescind the invitation yet fail to refute anything he said.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.