Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1 George Takei and partner plan to wed in September 
    Senior Member Space Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,435
    George Takei and partner plan to wed in September

    WASHINGTON - George Takei, best known for playing Sulu on "Star Trek," will never forget the first time he saw Brad Altman, the man he plans to marry, more than two decades ago.

    They were working out in a running club and he couldn't take his eyes off Altman, who had a "lean, tightly muscled" body, the 71-year-old actor told AP Radio in an interview.

    Takei said he asked Altman to help him train for a marathon, they fell in love, and now they've been living together for 21 years.

    Altman said he proposed by getting down on one knee in their kitchen while Takei was eating a sandwich after seeing on TV that the California Supreme Court had legalized same-sex marriage. It surprised Takei, who thought he would be the one who popped the question.

    They bought each other turquoise and silver wedding rings.

    Link

    I didn't know he played for the other team......not that their's anything wrong with it.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member DarkScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    George Takei and partner plan to wed in September

    WASHINGTON - George Takei, best known for playing Sulu on "Star Trek," will never forget the first time he saw Brad Altman, the man he plans to marry, more than two decades ago.

    They were working out in a running club and he couldn't take his eyes off Altman, who had a "lean, tightly muscled" body, the 71-year-old actor told AP Radio in an interview.

    Takei said he asked Altman to help him train for a marathon, they fell in love, and now they've been living together for 21 years.

    Altman said he proposed by getting down on one knee in their kitchen while Takei was eating a sandwich after seeing on TV that the California Supreme Court had legalized same-sex marriage. It surprised Takei, who thought he would be the one who popped the question.

    They bought each other turquoise and silver wedding rings.

    Link

    I didn't know he played for the other team......not that their's anything wrong with it.
    I know there's a Star Trek joke there SOMEWHERE...:p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Okay, someone else, somewhere, said it, I'm just goin gto repeat it:

    I just felt a great disturbance in the Fabulous.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Okay, someone else, somewhere, said it, I'm just goin gto repeat it:

    I just felt a great disturbance in the Fabulous.
    Dude, thats Star Wars, where the hell did you leave your Tao?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Dude, thats Star Wars, where the hell did you leave your Tao?
    Zen Master. Great to See Ya!!!!!

    Yeah, it's Star Wars but somehow I think two universes overlap, just a little bit. :D


    Plus, it was too great a line not to repeat. Maybe Han Sulu is out there somewhere?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Plus, it was too great a line not to repeat. Maybe Han Sulu is out there somewhere?
    And it's back, well done. Good to see you sir. ;)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    And it's back, well done. Good to see you sir. ;)
    I miss your avatar. :(
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member MstrBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I just felt a great disturbance in the Fabulous.
    That response, is not logical.
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    When he went nuts and slicked his chest up for that sword-fighting episode - I totally knew he was gay even if I saw it in the reruns. Apparently he's also a chicken hawk or a gay cougar or whatever you call it when you take up with somebody 25 years your junior and you aren't a CEO.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member DarkScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    When he went nuts and slicked his chest up for that sword-fighting episode - I totally knew he was gay even if I saw it in the reruns. Apparently he's also a chicken hawk or a gay cougar or whatever you call it when you take up with somebody 25 years your junior and you aren't a CEO.
    Ummm, then I guess Takei/Sulu could always say, before a tryst: "I'm about to go where no man has--" Oh, nevermind...:p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •