Thread: What will the weather be Mr. Jones?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Resident Grump
    Wilbur will be along to tell us that "weather" and "climate" are not the same...yet what he forgets deliberately to tell you, is that one creates the other.

Like here in Sydney, we have a tropical climate so we never get snowy weather. In the mountains they have a colder climate, so they get snow.

Climate = weather

What Jones the liar wont admit is that there is no way in hell he can prove his "models" without some major help from H.G.Wells.

Oh, and Wilbur, if you do buy into this, before you say one word I want to know what your degrees in climate science are, and where you got them.

Otherwise you can prove jack and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Wilbur will be along to tell us that "weather" and "climate" are not the same...yet what he forgets deliberately to tell you, is that one creates the other.

Like here in Sydney, we have a tropical climate so we never get snowy weather. In the mountains they have a colder climate, so they get snow.

Climate = weather

What Jones the liar wont admit is that there is no way in hell he can prove his "models" without some major help from H.G.Wells.

Oh, and Wilbur, if you do buy into this, before you say one word I want to know what your degrees in climate science are, and where you got them.

Otherwise you can prove jack and shit.
    Rock was talking to me Sonna, not that climate guy.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I wish y'all could have seen it here last night. Spectacular huge big thunderheads moved in about an hour before sunset. Then just at dusk a spectacular lightening show. I was out in all this unloading crap out of a moving truck into a storage building. We finished and about 10:00 and were at a truck stop filling up the truck and weighing it, when the storms hit. Luckily my vehicle was up under the gas pump awnings. It hailed big quarter sized pieces and the winds were so strong they were coming down almost at a 90 degree angle. It blew threw pretty fast though. This morning I heard there were 3 tornadoes in the panhandle just north of us (Odessa/Midland, Tx).

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I wish y'all could have seen it here last night. Spectacular huge big thunderheads moved in about an hour before sunset. Then just at dusk a spectacular lightening show. I was out in all this unloading crap out of a moving truck into a storage building. We finished and about 10:00 and were at a truck stop filling up the truck and weighing it, when the storms hit. Luckily my vehicle was up under the gas pump awnings. It hailed big quarter sized pieces and the winds were so strong they were coming down almost at a 90 degree angle. It blew threw pretty fast though. This morning I heard there were 3 tornadoes in the panhandle just north of us (Odessa/Midland, Tx).
    Your storm had lost it's punch by the time we got it, all we got out of it was rain. They say we have a 50% chance of t-storms all day but Sarah came out from under the end table so it's not imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What happened, is everything okay?
    Just family issues. Some pretty bad growing pains for the little one.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Just family issues. Some pretty bad growing pains for the little one.
    I hope the Poor kid gets to feeling better!

It is raining, there is a zero chance of rain in the forecast but it's friggen raining! Not a word about it on local radio news and weather but I am wet!:eek::mad: