1. #1 Obama Blasts Pending Arizona Immigration Law: "Irresponsibility" 
    President Obama used a naturalization ceremony in the Rose Garden to lash out at the Arizona Legislature for passing a bill requiring proof of legal status and empowering state and local police to stop people based on a suspicion of being illegal immigrants.

Obama called for comprehensive immigration reform and said Washington's failure to act has bred a climate of fear and retribution in some border states. He singled out the Arizona bill - which would make it crime to be in the state without documentation - now before Republican Gov. Janice Brewer. The governor has until Saturday to decide whether to sign it, veto it or allow it to become law without her signature.

"Our failure to act responsibly at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others," Obama said. "That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threatened to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe."

Obama said the administration will "closely monitor the situation and examine the civil rights and other implications of this legislation."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs later explained the Justice Department will monitor "potential civil rights violations" experienced by legal residents.

When asked to explain whose rights would be violated, Gibbs said:

"Somebody that gets stopped who is legal resident, is a citizen. It's clear that in the law, if you're suspected to be (illegal) the law allows you to be stopped. You may be a citizen. That's what he's asked the Justice Department to look into, again, if it becomes law."

Asked about next steps, Gibbs said: "Once this becomes law, if it does, the president has asked them (Justice Department lawyers) to evaluate that...it doesn't make sense to get ahead of that evaluation. I think it's pretty safe to say from the president's remarks he's not supportive of the law."

Gibbs said the law would allow police to question legal residents based on the suspicion they could be in the country illegally.
    Rest of the story: Obama Blasts Pending Arizona Immigration Law: "Irresponsibility"
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Yes Obama, if the Federal Government was doing it's job and protecting our borders, we Arizonan's wouldn't have to do it our own way.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."

he's pissed because AZ will also requie his BC if wants to campaign there. sounds like a nice place to live
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

I love it here!

I'm a little too paranoid about things sometimes. So I put my Rob Arms XCR-L, and 6 full mags of ammunition in my truck before I drove into Phoenix this morning, just in case these 'protests' over the reform law turn into 'get whitey' riots. It doesn't look like that's going to happen now, but I didn't know that this morning. Overkill? Probably. But in Arizona this type of overkill is still perfectly legal, and police officers around here probably won't even bat an eye over it. That's why I live here.

Hey O Blah Blah, it's none of your business what AZ does. You are not the president of AZ.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I love it here!

I'm a little too paranoid about things sometimes. So I put my Rob Arms XCR-L, and 6 full mags of ammunition in my truck before I drove into Phoenix this morning, just in case these 'protests' over the reform law turn into 'get whitey' riots. It doesn't look like that's going to happen now, but I didn't know that this morning. Overkill? Probably. But in Arizona this type of overkill is still perfectly legal, and police officers around here probably won't even bat an eye over it. That's why I live here.

Osama reacts
    http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/...esponsibility/

I wonder what the legal immigrants Obama was addressing think about our new law?

Here's a short bio one of the legal immigrants Obama just addressed while slamming the Arizona law.

Sergeant Ledum Ndaanee, U.S. Marine Corps (E-5), recipient of the Outstanding American by Choice recognition:

Sergeant (Sgt.) Ledum D. Ndaanee was born in Nigeria on May 2, 1982. At the age of 16, he moved to the United States with his family, settling in Richmond, VA. After attending a local community college, Sgt. Ndaanee had his heart set on serving his new country by joining the U.S. Marine Corps. He enlisted in September 2004.

Sgt. Ndaanee deployed to Iraq on two separate occasions with the 1st Battalion, 2d Marines in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. On August 4, 2007, while assigned as a turret gunner conducting combat operations, he suffered a concussion and traumatic brain injury as the result of an improvised explosive device.

While recovering from his injuries at Wounded Warrior Battalion-East in Camp Lejeune, NC, Sgt. Ndaanee played a vital role in the recovery process of his fellow Marines and Sailors. He was instrumental in encouraging others to overcome their injuries by serving as a mentor. After recovering from his wounds, Sgt. Ndaanee achieved an important milestone in his life by becoming a U.S. citizen in November 2007.

Sgt. Ndaanee is currently serving as the non-commissioned Officer-in-Charge of the Warrior Athlete Reconditioning (WAR) Program's Strength and Conditioning Team and is also a member of the aquatics team within Wounded Warrior Battalion-East. Over the course of his military career, Sgt. Ndaanee has been recognized with several honors including the Good Conduct Medal, Purple Heart Combat Action Ribbon, Iraq Campaign Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, and the National Defense Service Medal.
    Now that's a fellow Marine who I am proud to welcome as a new citizen. He earned it, he knows he earned it, I'm willing to bet that this Marine is pissed as hell that Obama want's others to be given, free of charge, what he has earned with his impeccable service.

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    A Mobile mound of muzzies!:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I wonder what the legal immigrants Obama was addressing think about our new law?

Here's a short bio one of the legal immigrants Obama just addressed while slamming the Arizona law.

Now that's a fellow Marine who I am proud to welcome as a new citizen. He earned it, he knows he earned it, I'm willing to bet that this Marine is pissed as hell that Obama want's others to be given, free of charge, what he has earned with his impeccable service.
    some form of military servie should be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A Mobile mound of muzzies!:eek:
    crossing the border. headed for DC