Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, hold onto your butts. 
    It's gonna be a nasty day.

For the record, I can't remember the last time I saw the SPC put a High region in there.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    We got a little shower in south LA and the sun is out now.

Big storm blew through Colorado the last couple of days. Got about 6 inches of snow at our house yesterday. South Platte river in Denver was running 6000 CFS last night. Out to go kayaking this morning (Royal Gorge). It should be uhhh...refreshing.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Jones, I took an introductory meteorology class as an elective in college.
    I thought it would be really interesting and fun to learn about weather.
    But it seemed like all we did was draw squiggly lines on maps like above. :p

It's nice weather here today. Blue skies, warm and of course, very windy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Jones, I took an introductory meteorology class as an elective in college.
    I thought it would be really interesting and fun to learn about weather.
    But it seemed like all we did was draw squiggly lines on maps like above. :p

It's nice weather here today. Blue skies, warm and of course, very windy.
    And that is why it was an introductory class. Now shut up and color! :p
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Eagle Bend, Mississippi just got flattened. 30 homes destroyed. It's right on the border with Louisiana. SPC isn't reporting any fatalities or injuries yet, but with that much destruction there has to be something. :(

Yazoo City, just to the north east of Eagle Bend has been hit hard now. Numerous buildings, including a church have been levelled.

I'm in Tupelo, MS.....tornado warnings going off.............Sky has turned very light, which is the precursor to bad weather...dogs are nervous....wind goes this way, then that...

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I'm in Tupelo, MS.....tornado warnings going off.............Sky has turned very light, which is the precursor to bad weather...dogs are nervous....wind goes this way, then that...
    There has been one reported pretty close to you. Baldwin, about 30 miles north of Tupelo. That was about an hour and a half ago. Right now there isn't anything within a few counties of you. Looking at the flow, there doesn't seem to be anything upstream of you either. You might be in the clear for a little bit now.

In Northern middle Tennessee it's just a little windy, on and off rain.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson