Thread: The Sun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 The Sun 
    I ran across this video about the Sun's atmosphere (something that has always fascinated me) and found the sequence from 2:35 on REALLY interesting. It shows the Sun's activity from 1999 and on. While some scientists have postulated, and I think correctly, that any level of warming in the early 2000's was related to Sun activity (and conversely the offsetting cooling trend later on), I find it unconscionable that so called "climate science" chooses to utterly ignore this correlation. I know why they are doing it, mind you, but it is detestable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmwL2cLgD4k
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I saw Bill Nye the Science Guy on TV talking about the first HD video of the sun.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sd...rst-light.html
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    I saw Bill Nye the Science Guy on TV talking about the first HD video of the sun.

Cool! Thanks, Big Guy!
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

The sun is directly or indirectly responsible for every chemical reaction that goes on in the solar system. To unilaterally rule out it's culpability in global warming is at best asinine.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The sun is directly or indirectly responsible for every chemical reaction that goes on in the solar system. To unilaterally rule out it's culpability in global warming is at best asinine.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post

I also saw him debating for AGW not to long ago. It was sad because he was using arguments so lame I'd expect Wilbur to have done a better job at it then he did.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This just goes to show how naive you guys really are here - what on Earth would convince you that climate scientists unilaterally rule out the effects of the Sun on our global temperature? You, here, by yourself, sitting in your chair at home, had the brilliant idea to think about the sun, and believe that all the worlds climate scientists simply overlooked it?

Solar Variation is a huge area of interest in climate science.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    This just goes to show how naive you guys really are here - bleat bleat bleat bah bah bah

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Metrosexual Wilbur: sheepishly in stockings and high heels...gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    This just goes to show how naive you guys really are here - what on Earth would convince you that climate scientists unilaterally rule out the effects of the Sun on our global temperature? You, here, by yourself, sitting in your chair at home, had the brilliant idea to think about the sun, and believe that all the worlds climate scientists simply overlooked it?

Solar Variation is a huge area of interest in climate science.

Yet the "consensus" is that man warms the Earth more than the primary source of all energy in our solar system. They obviously aren't as interested in the Sun as they are in tenure and grant money.