1. #1 Donít talk to aliens, warns Stephen Hawking 
    THE aliens are out there and Earth had better watch out, at least according to Stephen Hawking. He has suggested that extraterrestrials are almost certain to exist ó but that instead of seeking them out, humanity should be doing all it that can to avoid any contact.

The suggestions come in a new documentary series in which Hawking, one of the worldís leading scientists, will set out his latest thinking on some of the universeís greatest mysteries.

Alien life, he will suggest, is almost certain to exist in many other parts of the universe: not just in planets, but perhaps in the centre of stars or even floating in interplanetary space. ... The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like.Ē

The answer, he suggests, is that most of it will be the equivalent of microbes or simple animals ó the sort of life that has dominated Earth for most of its history.

One scene in his documentary for the Discovery Channel shows herds of two-legged herbivores browsing on an alien cliff-face where they are picked off by flying, yellow lizard-like predators. Another shows glowing fluorescent aquatic animals forming vast shoals in the oceans thought to underlie the thick ice coating Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter.

Such scenes are speculative, but Hawking uses them to lead on to a serious point: that a few life forms could be intelligent and pose a threat. Hawking believes that contact with such a species could be devastating for humanity. ...
    link

That's good news, the two legged goat people won't have mastered the anal probe technology. :D

The DUmp started a thread on this. I'm going to watch it for a bit before bringing it over. I know before long it'll turn into a "aliens don't want to meet us dispicable humans" type thread.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    W wasn't scared...

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm with Hawkings and the plot of every good scifi movie about aliens that I've ever seen: Don't trust them. If they can get here, they have more advanced weapons than we do. Kill the first bunch and they won't send more!

It's Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm with Hawkings and the plot of every good scifi movie about aliens that I've ever seen: Don't trust them. If they can get here, they have more advanced weapons than we do. Kill the first bunch and they won't send more!

It's Monday morning.
    Double ditto. We have enough problems with blood thirsty humans. :(

Oh crap! now he tells us.:eek: